Take the pressure off this Valentines and bring back romance.
Let’s face it; most of us don’t think we have the time or energy to prioritize romance in our lives. So we think about it a couple times a year perhaps around Valentine’s Day, birthdays or anniversaries. The truth is romance should be experienced on a regular basis – daily. Luckily, romance doesn’t have a price tag nor does it need to consume an exuberant amount of time.
Create a ritual around romancing your Sweetie and see the love grow:
- Serenade him or her with your favorite romantic songs and videos. Post them on your Sweetie’s wall, email or text. Get creative with different themes such as what your love means to you, taking it to the next level, missing you, spicing things up, apologies, etc.
- Light the candles, enjoy a romantic movie at home with your favorite slices of fruits, dip and chocolates. Savor the moment in each other’s arms.
- Personal notes: communicate from your heart whether you email, text or fill the pages of a beautiful card. Your words encourage and affirm your Sweetie. Express your love freely.
- Give her a day off: vacuum the floors, do the laundry, make her breakfast, fluff the pillows and throw in a massage and see her love radar go from 0 to 60.
- Give him a day off: play hooky together and indulge in one of his favorite activities.
- Take a couple’s yoga or a couple’s message workshop together and practice your new skills over and over again.
- Remember it’s about creating memories, so go ahead and laugh. Find pleasure in the little things and enjoy each and every moment.
Jianny Adamo, LMHC, founder of Fearless Love Coaching and Counseling supports singles and couples breaking through fears and limitations to create safe and intimate marriages and relationships. Video calls and phone consultations available. Jianny is currently writing her book Love Trauma: Seven Tango Lessons to Recovery From Emotionally and Sexually Abusive Relationships with Narcissists, Psychopaths and Other Toxic People. 561-450-5580. http://fearlesslove.net. Facebook/FearlessLoveLLC/.