When it comes to celebrating their love, these celebrities spare no expense.
When it comes to weddings, celebrities are not frugal, DIY-ers. And while some of the elements may be the same (there’s always a crazy wedding dress and an even crazier cake), the celebrity weddings below could rival the the average GDP of some cities in cost. 5 Celebrity Couples Who Renew Their Vows
1. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise - Although the public once thought that the romance between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes was a publicity-driven sham, TomKat, as they were called at the time, left their disbelievers in the dust when they wed at a castle in Italy in 2006, surrounded by their celebrity friends and thousands of screaming fans and paparazzi. The couple feasted on a five-tier white chocolate cake and was serenaded by legendary opera singer Andrea Bocelli during their first dance. Tom Cruise Pressuring Katie For Another Baby
2. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban – Not to be outdone by her ex, Nicole Kidman certainly splashed around a substantial sum of cash when she married country singer Keith Urban in 2006 in their homeland of Australia. The couple arrived at the ceremony in separate vintage Rolls-Royce limousines before saying their "I do’s" inside a church on top of a cliff. Nicole wore a dazzling Balenciaga gown and guests included celebrity friends like Hugh Jackman, who surprised the couple by singing a song. Love Transformed Keith Urban, Made Kidman Kinkier
3. Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren – Even before the notorious parade of mistresses, Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren’s marriage was making headlines. Back in 2004, the tabloids were enchanted with the golf star’s romantic beach wedding to the Swedish model that reportedly cost somewhere in the $2 million range. The couple reportedly rented out an entire 100-room resort in Barbados for the event and hired Hootie and the Blowfish as the wedding band. (Well, what else do you expect when the guest list includes Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey?) 5 Celeb Couples Who Got Married Too Soon
4. Donald Trump and Melania Knauss – Forget about a typical wedding favor, the 500 guests at Donald Trump’s 2005 Palm Beach wedding to model Melania Knauss each received a gold script engraved, Tiffany-made wedding invitation, announcing the details of the real estate mogul’s third walk down the aisle. The wedding, which was held at Donald’s Mar-a-Lago estate, also boasted a 36-piece orchestra and a five-foot-high, 200 pound orange Grand Marnier chiffon wedding cake. Suffice it to say, when it comes to luxury, nobody out does The Donald.
5. Diana and Prince Charles – Even if you were too young to be one of the 750 million people who watched the extravagant, televised “fairytale” wedding of a 19-year-old Diana Spencer to her British prince, you’ve no doubt seen footage of the over-the-top 1981 ceremony as well as of Diana’s dress, which boasted a 25-foot long train. Is Prince Charles' Marriage Legit?
Is there another royal wedding in the works? Although the palace keeps shooting down rumors that Prince William is set to marry long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton, word is that when they do wed, the couple won’t even attempt to out-do his parents’ wedding and will instead wed quietly without too much fanfare. Still, we hope that Kate Middleton will at least give the public a poufy dress to marvel over and not go all Carolyn Bessette on us. Mayan Calendar Predicts A Royal Wedding In 2012