Awful New Details Revealed About The Teen Who Died After Being Crushed In A Parked Minivan Despite Calling 911 Twice

Photo: Facebook
Heartbreaking Details About The Teen Who Died After Being Trapped In A Minivan Despite Calling 911 Twice
Entertainment And News

He told dispatchers exactly where he was.

A teenage boy called 911 twice and desperately pleaded for help before he was crushed to death in his minivan on Tuesday.

Kyle Plush, 16, used Siri to call for help because he did not have his phone in reach but the dispatcher struggled to pinpoint exactly where the teen was trapped, said Cincinnati Police Department Lt. Steve Saunders.

"Help, help, help," Plush said when he first dialed 911 at 3:16 p.m., The Enquirer reports. "I'm in desperate need of help."

Even though the Seven Hills School sophomore stated his location, the dispatcher did not understand where he was.

"Where are you?" she repeated over the phone. "What is the address?"

According to CNN, two officers arrived at the school parking lot after Plush’s first plea for help but could not find his Honda Odyssey.

RELATED: New Details About Why Police Believe The 3 Hart Children Who Are Still Missing After A Lesbian Couple Drove Their Car Off A Cliff Might Be Alive

"Officers responded to the area in an attempt to locate the vehicle,” Cincinnati police said. “Based on the information relayed to the officers, efforts to locate the caller were unsuccessful.”

Police searched the school’s seven parking lots for 11 minutes before deciding to stop efforts to find the van. A computer-aided dispatch report included the latitude and longitude of Plush’s estimated location, which was only just feet from his van, WCPO reports.

The dying boy made another attempt to get help by calling again as the search was conducted. The call lasted 2 ½ minutes, CNN reports.

"This is not a joke. This is not a joke. I'm trapped inside a gold Honda Odyssey van," he said. "I probably don't have much time left, so tell my mom that I love her if I die. I'm trapped inside my gold Honda Odyssey van. In the (inaudible) parking lot of Seven Hills Hillsdale."

"Send officers immediately. I'm almost dead."

According to WCPO, a family member reported the boy missing after one of Plush’s friends informed the teen’s parents that he never showed up for a tennis match.

"My son never comes home from school and we thought he was at a tennis match and he never came home from school," she said.

RELATED: Sad New Details About The Instagram Models Killed In A Plane Crash — And How Police Are Not Releasing The Name Of The Pilot

Plush’s father used a locating app on his cell phone to locate his son, whom he found dead in the minivan around 9 p.m.

“He was stuck, looks like he was turned over in the seat, he's stuck there. He's been there for a while," one caller said when they called the police.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters said Plush was “trapped in the third-row bench seat” and died from “positional asphyxiation."  

“We are actively trying to identify experts to assist us in this investigation,” Deters continued.

The teen’s death was ruled accidental after an autopsy was performed and the "preliminary autopsy findings are asphyxia due to chest compression.”

“While we've heard about this tragic incident through media coverage, we have not yet received any formal report or claim related to this incident or any official details," a Honda spokesperson told CNN. "Thus, it's premature to speculate on any potential actions."

Amber Smith, the 911 dispatcher who received Plush’s second call, is on administrative leave.

RELATED: Awful New Details Revealed About Why The Mom Of 5-Year-Old Joe Clyde Daniels Witnessed His Murder, But Never Reported It

"On the second 911 call, something has gone terribly wrong,” Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac said. “This young man was crying out for help. We weren't able to get that information to the officers on the scene and we need to find out why. I'm not certain at this point if we're talking about an equipment malfunction or some type of other user error possibly."

Authorities are investigating any potential problems and concerns with the city’s 911 operating system.

CNN reports that Mayor John Cranley said: "the events leading up to Kyle's death are devastating and also raise concerning questions about our city's emergency 911 system and police response."

"However, separate from this incident, the problems of management, supervision, and technology have been reported at the 911 center for years," Cranley continued.

Plush’s unnecessary death has prompted police to evaluate the 911 communications system and "make sure all necessary recommended improvements are made" in an attempt to prevent something like this from ever happening again.

City Manager Harry Black said the incident will definitely be looked into, according to The Enquirer.

"This matter is very disturbing," he said. "If there are deficiencies on the part of the 911 center operations, my mandate is to fix whatever needs to be fixed."

RELATED: Heartbreaking New Details About What Happened When New Mom Accidentally Smothered Baby After Falling Asleep Breastfeeding In Hospital