You've just sweated it all out, and you still look great (obviously), so of course, you want to share your progress with friends on Instagram.
Sometimes all the fitness motivation you need is knowing how amazing you'll look in selfies, and finding the right gym quotes to use as workout captions can take your social media game up to a whole new level.
Making it through your workout is an accomplishment, and there's nothing wrong with sharing the results of your hard work and dedication with your loving friends and followers.
Coming up with a good caption that's as inspiring as you are isn't always easy. You want something simple and strong — something that speaks to your deep commitment to your health and fitness goals.
A good workout quote motivates you or makes you change the way you're thinking. Reading motivational fitness quotes or even funny gym quotes can help you realize you're not the only one trying to get fit.
Everybody has their down moments but you just have to push through and then you'll become stronger both physically and mentally.
Fortunately, the quotes below offer the perfect messages to send as you flex your inspirational skills on Instagram.
If you're looking for some fitness motivation, here are 107 gym quotes to use as workout captions for Instagram once you've made it through.
Motivational Gym Captions
1. "All progress takes place outside the comfort zone." — Michael John Bobak
2. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?” — Marianne Williamson
3. “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit." — Vince Lombardi Jr
4. "A year from now you may wish you had started today." — Karen Lamb
5. "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."
6. “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Work is the key to success, and hard work can help you accomplish anything.” — Vince Lombardi
7. "Look in the mirror. That’s your competition." — John Assaraf
8. "Our intention creates reality." — Dr. Wayne Dyer
9. "Exercising will make you look better, feel stronger, and fill you with boundless energy. Staying fit will even make you happier." — Robin S. Sharma
10. "The key to success is often the ability to adapt." — Anthony Brandt
11. "Strive for progress, not perfection."
12. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” — Pablo Picasso
13. "The only way for a rich man to be healthy is by exercise and abstinence, to live as if he were poor." — William Temple
14. "Push yourself because no one is going to do it for you."
15. "Your body is your most priceless possession. Take care of it." — Jack Lalane
16. “You may not be there yet, but you are closer than you were yesterday”
17. "It's a slow process, but quitting won't speed it up."
18. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow." — Mary Anne Radmacher
19. "The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do." — Swati Sharma
20. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” — Mahatma Gandhi
21. "Increased physical activity enhances positive energy." — Lailah Gifty Akita
22. "Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine." — Roy T. Bennett
Funny Workout Captions
23. "Keep your squats low and your standards high."
24. "The first time I see a jogger smiling, I’ll consider it." — Joan Rivers
25. "A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure."
26. "Hustle for that muscle."
27. "Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom." — Jack LaLanne
28. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
29. "Do it for the after selfie."
30. "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
31. "When you feel like dying, do 10 more."
32. "Sweat now. Shine later."
33. "Will it be easy. Nope. Worth it? Absolutely."
34."In two weeks, you'll feel it. In four weeks, you'll see it. In eight weeks, you'll hear it."
35. "I'm only here so I can eat more later."
36. "I hit the gym so I won't have to hit you."
37. "I'm torn between cardio and pizza."
38. "I want to see what happens if I don't give up."
39. "I'm sweating like a sinner at church."
40. "I don't sweat, I sparkle."
41. "You did not wake up today to be mediocre."
42. "Do I have abs yet?"
43. "I ate healthy and exercised today. I better wake up skinny tomorrow."
44. "I work out so I can drink beer."
Workout Transformation Captions
45. "God created it. Jesus died for it. The Spirit lives in it. I'd better take care of it." — Pastor Rick Warren
46. "Create healthy habits, not restrictions."
47. "Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our security." — John F. Kennedy
48. "Hating your body will never get you as far as loving it will."
49. "Tough times don’t last. Tough people do." — Robert H. Schuller
50. "Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs." — Pastor Rick Warren
51. "Well done is better than well said." — Benjamin Franklin
52. "Work out. Eat well. Be patient. Your body will reward you."
53. "The body achieves what the mind believes."
54. "The human body is the best picture of the human soul." — Ludwig Wittgenstein
55. "Our bodies are our gardens — our wills are our gardeners" — William Shakespeare
56. "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment." — Jim Rohn
57. "Your body is the church where Nature asks to be referenced." — Marquis de Sade
58. "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." — Ovid
59. "You are stronger than you think."
60. "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." — Morihei Ueshiba
61. “Make it happen. Shock everyone."
62. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." — Eleanor Roosevelt
63. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” — Thomas Jefferson
64. "Don't stop until you're proud."
65. "Don't tell people your plans. Show them your results."
Quotes for Gym Selfie Captions
66. "Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable."
67. "A one-hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses."
68. "Train like a beast. Look like a beauty."
69. "I'm working on myself, by myself for myself."
70. "The groundwork for all happiness is good health." — Leigh Hunt
71. "The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself." — Maya Angelou
72. "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." — Henry David Thoreau
73. "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." — Joseph Addison
74. "Don't decrease the goal. Increase the effort."
75. "I know what I want and I'm gonna get it."
76. "Be stronger than your excuse."
77. "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." — Newt Gingrich
78. "Every workout is progress."
79. "Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness." — Susan Gale
80. "Find your fire."
Related Stories From YourTango:
81. "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." — Winston Churchill
82. "You get what you work for."
83. “No pain, no gain.”
84. "I'm doing this for me."
85. "Empowered women, empower women."
86. "You get what you work for, not what you wish for."
87. "Stop stopping yourself."
88. "Sore today. Strong tomorrow."
Workout Quotes from Athletes
89. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
90. "If you think lifting is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous." — Bret Contreras
91. "Exercise is labor without weariness." — Samuel Johnson
92. "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." — Michael Jordan
93. "You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them." — Michael Jordan
94. "There’s no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best.” — Ronnie Coleman
95. "You have to think it before you can do it. The mind is what makes it all possible." — Kai Greene
96. “The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?” — Greg Plitt
97. "The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow." — Arnold Schwarzenegger
98. "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!" — Jillian Michaels
99. “A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.” — Jack Dempsey
100. “If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.” — Dwayne Johnson
101. "Number one, like yourself. Number two, you have to eat healthy. And number three, you’ve got to squeeze your buns. That’s my formula." — Richard Simmons
102. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” —Tommy Lasorda
103. “You shall gain, but you shall pay with sweat, blood, and vomit.” — Pavel Tsatsouline
104. "Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." — Lou Holtz
105. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali
106. "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out." — John Wooden
107. "Nothing will work unless you do." — John Wooden
More for You:
Caroline Smith is a writer covering trending topics, pop-culture and relationship.