Love — we all crave it, we all want it, and we all need it in order to live a fulfilling and happy life. It's one of the most talked-about topics for a reason, but sometimes the hardships in life make it hard to believe in romantic love. At least true love.
Heartbreak and letdowns can make saying "I love you" difficult, but using these sweet love quotes can be a good reminder of what's most important in relationships.
Falling in love with somebody can happen slowly or all at once. When it does, it will hit you harder and affect you more than you ever thought possible!
It's crazy how one person can change your life forever in the best way possible and make you wonder how you ever lived without them.
After reading through the list of romantic love quotes below, you'll feel like cuddling up to that special someone and watching romance movies all day long.
These 40 sweet love quotes perfectly capture what it feels like to love and be loved.
1. "I got lost in him, and it was the kind of lost that's exactly like being found." — Claire LaZebnik
2. "I love your feet because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water until they brought you to me." — Pablo Neruda
3. "To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you are the world." — Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss
4. "It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight." — Vladimir Nabokov, "Lolita"
5. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." — A.A. Milne, "Winnie The Pooh"
6. "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." — Arrigo Boito, Falstaff (often misattributed to William Shakespeare)
7. "I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." — Leo Christopher
8. "I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams." — Dr. Seuss
9. "Sweet is true love that is given in vain, and sweet is death that takes away pain." — Alfred Lord Tennyson
10. "A view of the ocean, mountains and the sunset. But yet, he was still looking at me." — Aly Aubrey
11. "I came here tonight because when you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." — Harry Burns
12. "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person." — E. Leventhal
13. "Better than I was, more than I am, and all of this happened by taking your hand." — Tim McGraw, "It's Your Love"
14. "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." — Sarah Dessen
15. "My dream wouldn't be complete without you in it." — Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"
16. "There is my heart, and then there is you, and I'm not sure there is a difference." — A.R. Asher
17. "You are the one girl that made me risk everything for a future worth having." — Simone Elkeles
18. "I could start fires with what I feel for you." — David Ramirez, "Fires"
19. "The greatest happiness of life it the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." — Victor Hugo
20. "Distance means so little when someone means so much." — Tom McNeal
21. "You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant." — Rupi Kaur
22. "I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together." — A.R. Asher
23."You can't blame gravity for falling in love." — Albert Einstein
24. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly, and then all at once." — John Green
25. "He was Christmas morning, crimson fireworks and birthday wishes." — Raquel Franco
26. "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth." — Jess C. Scott
27. "Love is not an emotion, it is your very existence." — Rumi
28. "Lost with you, in you, and without you." — K. Towne Jr.
29. "For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." — Rosemonde Gerard
30. "If I know what love is it is because of you." — Hermann Hesse
Related Stories From YourTango:
31. "I still haven't figured out how to sit across from you, and not be madly in love with everything you do." — William C. Hannan
32. "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close." — Pablo Neruda
33. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." — Antoine de Saint Exupery
34. "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of. His and mine are the same." — Emily Brontë, "Wuthering Heights"
35. "I know no ways to mince it in love, but directly to say — I love you." — William Shakespeare
36. "Love reminds you that nothing else matters." — Amy Bushell
37. "I would find you in any lifetime." — Kanye West
38. "I crave a love so deep the ocean would be jealous." — Pablo Neruda
39. "You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars." — E.E. Cummings
40. "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." — A.A. Milne, "Winnie The Pooh"
More for You on YourTango:
Lauren Margolis is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.