Two More Women Accuse Russell Simmons Of Rape — Bringing Total Number To 14

Russell Simmons Accused Of Rape By Two More Women, Total 14
Buzz

He has denied all of the claims.

Russell Simons has been accused of rape by two more women, bringing the total number of rape allegations against the music mogul to 14.

Simmons, 60, has previously denied the dozen of alleged rapes and denied the latest claims on Tuesday, saying he is being extorted.

"I vehemently deny all these allegations. These horrific accusations have shocked me to my core,” he said in a statement. “I am blessed to have shared extraordinary relationships, whether through work or love, with many great women; and I have enormous respect for the women's movement worldwide and their struggle for respect, dignity, equality and power."

Two women, Sherri Hines and another woman who wished to remain anonymous, filed police reports with the NYPD in December claiming Simmons raped them in 1983 and 1991.

The criminal reports filed by the women are being reviewed by the NYPD, according to an email sent to USA Today by Detective Sophia Mason.

RELATED: Why Marvel Creator Stan Lee Has Been Accused Of Sexual Assault By His Nurses

Hines claims Simmons raped her in his Manhattan office back in 1983. The woman who remains anonymous said Simmons allegedly raped her in his Manhattan home after the two went on a date and she denied his sexual advances in 1991.

These new allegations came after twelve other women accused Simmons of rape, many of which remain anonymous. Many of the rapes happened decades ago but first were made public in November of 2017. There is no statute of limitations on rape in New York, so he can technically still be charged.

Simmons posted a photo of a hashtag, #NotMe, which he said was a symbol of his innocence.

Instagram

“My intention is not to diminish the #MeToo movement in any way, but instead hold my accusers accountable. #NotMe Again, this is not a movement against or even in conjunction with #Metoo,” he wrote. “It’s just a statement about my innocence.”

RELATED: New Details About The Two Women Who Accused James Franco Of Sexual Assault And Harassment After Ally Sheedy Tweeted About Him

Simmons is among the many men who have been accused of sexual misconduct in recent months, which started the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements.

A large number of those men have been proven guilty, initially starting with movie producer Harvey Weinstein. But Simmons claims he is not one of the men in Hollywood who has sexually abused others.

"The current allegations range from the patently untrue to the frivolous and hurtful," he added. "The presumption of 'innocent until proven guilty' must not be replaced by 'Guilty by Accusation.'”

He seems intent on clearing his name and has even taken and passed a polygraph test to dispute one of the allegations, according to TMZ.

"I have accepted that I can and should get dirt on my sleeves if it means witnessing the birth of a new consciousness about women," Simmon’s statement said. "What I will not accept is responsibility for what I have not done...I will relentlessly fight against any untruthful character assassination that paints me as a man of violence."

RELATED: New Photo Of Carrie Underwood Appears Online After She Warned Fans That She Might Look 'Different' From Getting 40+ Stitches In Her Face

Author
Editor