It doesn't have to be weird.
My guy friends often joke that my roommate and I have a fan club. Though, this little support group doesn't have one male member. Instead, it's filled entirely with females — platonic female friends of friends, to be exact.
Listen, being single in New York (or any other major city) is rough. The surplus of disastrous dates, the guys who constantly disappear and reappear, the dudes who just want to hook up... You get to a point where you couldn't care less about the hottie who won't look your way at the bar, and you're all, "Bring on some new besties!" Amiright, ladies?
Though it's certainly possible, you can't always be insta-friends with someone you're meeting for the first time. So how do you lure in a new BFF?
- Girl, did you fall from heaven to be with me? 'Cause I don't have a lot of female friends.
- Are those space pants, because they're really cute! Where did you get them? We should go shopping together sometime.
- Was your dad a thief? Why? I don't know, just making small talk. Mine's an orthopedist.
- Girl, are you sweatpants? Because we're gonna spend a lot more time together when I'm not dating anyone.
- Girl, I wish I could rearrange the alphabet and have U and I go bowling.
- This is crazy. I swear I'm not a career counselor, but I could listen to you complain about your job for hours.
- Are you a parking ticket? 'Cause I could give you a ride home if your car got towed or something. I'm happy to, really.
- Hold up, girl. Are you a college professor? 'Cause I've got a feeling I'm gonna occasionally talk to my other friends about how annoying you are.
- Is that a mirror in your pants? Because I can see myself getting coffee with you and talking about our boy troubles. And we'd be wearing pants, obviously.
- Hey, what's your sign? Wow, I'm a Gemini! According to the stars, we're supposed to have a mutually supportive and noncompetitive positive relationship!
- How much does a polar bear weigh? Please be my friend.