Beer is versatile. Beer is classic. Drinking beer is something that is relatively universal. And luckily, National Beer Day falls on April 7, 2021 this year.
What better way to celebrate this great tradition than with beer memes, witty beer puns, and funny beer quotes that never get old?
National Beer Day celebrates the day in 1933 that the Cullen-Harrison Act was signed into law, which reversed the prohibition of selling beer in the United States.
It wasn't until 2009 that we began to celebrate this day, and it's all thanks to a Virginia man named Justin Smith who created his own unofficial holiday.
Beer tends to unite people by being a fantastic social lubricant and being something we can bond over. Whether it’s at a summer barbecue, a festival, or just cracking open a cold one at the end of the day, beer has always got your back in the beverage department.
To celebrate the glorious holiday of National Beer Day, check out the very best puns, funny quotes, humor, and witty memes as you get ready to get your drink on. Get ready for wheat, barley, rye, and hops puns, along with plenty of quotes from beer brewing homes.
100 Funny beer memes, puns and quotes to help you celebrate National Beer Day:
1. "Wish you were beer.”
2. I think I'll have a salad for lunch.
"Beer is made from Hops! Hops are plants. Beer= Salad! You're welcome."
3. A beer a day keeps reality away.
"Drink this much every day! A full big glass."
4. A bottle opener can be a big help.
"If at first you don't succeed, try a bottle opener. It probably isn't a twist-top."
5. “Take a pitcher. It’ll last longer.”
6. You look forward to it all day, then it’s just gone and you could cry.
“Spilling a beer is the equivalent of losing a balloon.”
7. You should be honored.
"I love you more than beer and I really love beer."
8. The weekend is coming.
"If you hold a glass of beer to your ear you can hear the weekend!"
9. “How do you know a man is thinking about his future? He buys two cases of beer instead of one.”
10. Welcome to the fun.
"If you also see a glass of beer... Welcome, you are one of us."
11. Happiness is not an empty beer glass.
"'You can't find happiness at the bottom of a beer.' Well no kidding... who is happy when their beer runs out?"
12. Save the environment!
"Save water! Drink beer!"
13. I'll have a water... but make it with barley.
"I like my water with barley and hops."
14. “Beer... Because you can’t drink bacon!”
15. Beer is always the answer.
"Do I want beer? a) yes b) a c) b"
16. Beer will change the world.
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."
17. I have a superpower. What's yours?
"I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?"
18. Beer and love are interchangeable.
"If you drink enough beer, it tastes like love."
19. “Don’t worry, be hoppy.”
20. Doing one of three right now.
"I'm either #1 Drinking beer, #2 About to drink beer, #3 Thinking about drinking beer."
21. Women deserve beer, too.
"I know ladies are supposed to drink wine, but I'm woman enough to admit I prefer beer."
22. The plural just sounds so much better.
"Beer is good but beers are better"
23. A Bud Light joke.
"There's only one thing I hate more than lying. Bud Light, which is water that's lying about being beer"
24. A true hero.
"I just rescued some beer. It was trapped in a bottle."
25. Beer really should know better.
"By now, the beer should know enough to come out of the store when I honk..."
26. “Friends bring happiness into your life. Best friends bring beer.”
27. Wait... is this a mirror?
"Face I make when I'm deciding which beer to have next."
28. Green thumb growing right here.
"I really hope this works."
29. Chop chop already.
"If you can read this bring me a beer."
30. We pray to our one true God: beer.
"Beer is my new religion... and I have been truly saved!"
31. Read it, know it, live it.
"The Beer Prayer: Our Lager, which art in barrels, hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk (I will be drunk), at home as it is in the tavern. Give us this day our foamy head, and forgive us for our spillage, as we forgive those who spilt against us, but deliver us from hangovers. And lead us not into incarcerations, for thine is the beer, the bitter and the lager. —Barmen"
32. Jimmy Fallon knows whats up.
"Thank you, Craft Beer Breweries, for making my drinking problem seem like a neat hobby."
33. “Yeah, I’m into fitness... fit’ness whole beer in my belly.”
34. That's some serious foam.
“If Monday was a beer.”
35. Sacrificing the abs? Worth it.
“Abs are cool and all but… Have you tried a craft beer?”
36. This one is puntastic.
“I’d tap that.”
37. “Vitamin B? You mean beer?”
38. That’s all the justification I needed.
“I don’t drink beer. I drink a wheat smoothie.”
39. Who needs this bottle opener?
“Go ahead. Take your top off.”
40. Skinny doesn't feel anywhere as good.
“Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels... Except beer, that tastes like skinny can go to hell.”
41. It’s so great when stuff like this happens.
“D’awww... I love you too beer.”
42. It takes both.
“Pizza alone won’t fill the emptiness of your soul. You’ll also need beer.”
43. “I give in to beer-pressure.”
44. The cutest pun ever.
“You ordered me a pilsner? You know I like hoppy beer.”
45. Joey gets it.
"Joey: Monica, relax. Go get a beer.
Monica: I don't want a beer.
Joey" Who said it was for you?"
46. What time is it?
"It's beer o'clock"
47. A point was made.
"Coaster? That's for people who put their beer down"
48. It's not possible.
"Sick of beer? That's like being sick of breathing."
49. Beer will always win.
"I make you strong!
I make you healthy!
I make you think you can dance!
Don't wait up, dorks."
50. Three is more like it.
"I don't need therapy. I just need to drink a beer (or three)."
51. “You know what rhymes with Friday? Beer.”
52. You are not that hard to shop for.
"People who say you're hard to shop for, maybe don't know where to buy beer."
53. It's never one beer.
"I don't even believe myself when I say only one beer."
54. Beer can be any meal time.
"Beer: it's not just for breakfast anymore."
55. He never specified which glass.
"The doctor said one glass a day. I can live with that."
56. Buddy and beer go way back.
"Did someone say beer? I like beer, I like it a lot."
57. Poor Bob.
"Every weekend I say to myself: Bob, you have to stop drinking beer. Luckily I'm not Bob."
58. America, take note.
"Make wort not war."
59. “Hey there, hops stuff.”
60. But look at us now.
"10 year old me after my dad let me have a sip of is beer: Wow! This is garbage. You actually like this?"
61. That is the question.
"Two beer or not two beer."
62. Wise, Yoda is.
"Emm... Beer, I sense drink it we must!"
63. It's better than sex.
"Beergasm: that moment when you take the first sip of beer at the end of your work day."
64. Putting this on my to-do list.
"This weekend, I've decided to do a juice cleanse. And by juice, I mean beer."
65. Beercules to the rescue.
"I don't always drink, but when I do, You can call me Beercules."
66. There's only one way to ingest wheat.
"Every slice of bread is a sad story of wheat that could've become a beer."
67. "Pitcher perfect."
68. How can you not be friends with booze?
“Best friends forever.”
69. It's a real puzzle.
"Sometimes what a person needs is just one piece... 2-3 beers"
70. Can't believe you would ask such a thing.
"If you have to ask if it's too early to drink beer, you're an amateur and we can't be friends."
71. Follow instructions.
"Keep your circle small and your beer cold."
72. Free beer?!?
"Did you say free beer?!?!"
73. That's exactly how it went down.
"Dinosaurs didn't drink craft beer and now they're extinct. Coincidence?"
74. "Beer is not the answer. Beer is not the question. Yes is the answer."
75. Listen to Mufasa.
"What is that shadowy place over there?
Related Stories From YourTango:
Those are bars that don't serve craft beer... you must never go there, Simba!"
76. We all love Fridays for a reason.
"I Googled my symptoms. Turns out, I just need a beer."
77. Some math humor for you.
"I poured root beer into a squared glass. Now I just have beer."
78. You can't argue with science.
"According to chemistry alcohol is a solution."
79. Don't come between a chicken and his beer.
"Finally the answer: He crossed the road to get a beer."
80. "Wish you were beer."
81. The Beatles would be proud.
"Love is ale we need."
82. Shots all around.
"It's Beer-Flu season. Have you had your shots?"
83. Regina George wouldn't have it any other way.
"On Wednesdays... we drink craft beer."
84. "IPA lot when I drink."
85. The best feeling ever!
"My reaction to getting some beer after work."
86. If it had a brain, probably.
"I wonder if there's a beer out there thinking about me too."
87. Second chances are so deserving.
"I totally believe in second chances. So if this beer doesn't get me drunk, I will have another."
88. "Cure your ale-ments."
89. Just make sure you have another beer before you look at it like that.
"Never look at your beer as half empty. Look at it as you're half way to your next beer."
90. Six-packs are earned.
"So you're saying a beer belly is bad but having six pack is good?"
91. We all want to be that guy.
"Save the beer! Screw the rest!"
92. Maybe a good idea to call off.
"This beer tastes like I'm not going to work tomorrow."
93. “Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.”
94. Sometimes you just need a break.
"Alcohol is never the answer. But it's a good way of forgetting the question."
95. Do what you gotta do.
"I ran twice today. First I ran out of beer, and then I ran to get some more."
96. Don't mess with beer.
"You got my nose, I got your beer."
97. It's a way of life.
"I don't always drink beer. Just kidding, of course I do."
98. If you've never had a shower beer, what are you doing with your life?
"If you're too classy for a shower beer, then I feel sorry for you and we can't be friends."
99. Once you pop, you just can't stop.
"One does not simply drink one beer."
100. Right here and now.
"When your friend asks you if you want to play beer pong. Every day. All-day. Anywhere. Anytime."
More for You:
Nicole Bradley-Bernard is a freelance writer whose work has been published in FINE Magazine, New York Gal Magazine, Momentum Magazine, and more.