There are plenty of ways mothers can express their love for their daughters — whether it be with gifts, hugs, matching tattoos, or maybe even by leaving her little notes with lovely quotes about daughters in inconspicuous places.
Almost every little girl has dreamed of being a mother, and a mother dreams of that same thing for her daughter.
The bond between a mom and her daughter is unlike any other, and these mother-daughter quotes perfectly describe that unconditional love.
There are so many ways mothers can express love to their daughters and show them just how much they are adored. And you don't always need to say the words out loud to express how you feel. It might include doing small acts of kindness, writing simple notes tucked into a pocket, or going out of your way to put your daughter's happiness first.
A daughter's joy means so much to a mother. And sharing quotes about daughters is the perfect way to spread that love.
Mothers are role models and can spread this message of love to their daughters, who might one day share them with their own daughters.
And because it's the little things that matter most, these daughter quotes are sure to remind you of that very special, unbreakable bond.
Sentimental Mother-Daughter Quotes
1. "The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom." — Sandra Vischer
2. "Angels are often disguised as daughters."
3. "A mother and a daughter always share a special bond, which is engraved on their hearts."
4. "A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart."
5. “A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.”
6. "One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten is my daughter."
7. "My mother shed her protective love down around me and without knowing why people sensed that I had value." — Maya Angelou
8. "When someone asks you where you come from, the answer is your mother. It's so much more than love. Even when there's no love, it's so much more than anything else in your life." — Anna Quindlen, “One True Thing”
9. "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." — Agatha Christie
10. "She's my best friend — she's everything to me. It's always just been me and her against the world." — Jacquelyn Middleton
Quotes About The Mother-Daughter Bond
11. “My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings.” — Erica Jong
12. "Mother and daughter from the start. Best friends forever from the heart."
13. "I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible."
14. "As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong." — Kristin Hannah
15. "Even as a small child, I understood that woman had secrets, and that some of these were only to be told to daughters. In this way we were bound together for eternity.” — Alice Hoffman, “The Dovekeepers”
16. "Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with." — Melia Keeton-Digby
17. "My mother was my first country, the first place I ever lived." — Nayyirah Waheed
18. "No daughter and mother ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them." — Christie Watson
19. "I think the hardest thing for a mother is to make it possible for a child to be independent and at the same time let the child know how much you love her, how much you want to take care of her, and yet how truly essential it is for her to fly on her own." — Madeleine Albright
20. "A mother and daughter's love is never separated." — Viola Shipman
Inspirational Mother-Daughter Quotes
21. “My mom is literally a part of me. You can’t say that about many people except relatives, and organ donors.” — Carrie Latet
22. "When I'm weak and unpretty I know I'm beautiful and strong Because I see myself like my mother does." — Lauren Alaina
23. "A mother is the only person in the world, who can turn a daughter’s worries and fears into happiness."
24. “My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.” — Denise Van Outen
25. "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
26. “Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angelshine about them, and though it wears thin sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heart.” — Alan Beck
27. "In my daughter's eyes I am a hero I am strong and wise and I know no fear But the truth is plain to see She was sent to rescue me." — Martina McBride
28. "The love between a mother and a daughter is forever." — Patricia Wayant
29. "To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow." — Maya Angelou
30. "One of the most important relationships we'll have is the relationship we have with our mothers." — Iyanla Vanzant
I Love My Daughter Quotes
31. “My highest hope for her is just that she has the fearlessness to always be her authentic self, no matter what she thinks men want her to be.” — Channing Tatum
32. "You are my angel, you remind me of the goodness in this world and inspire me to be the greatest version of myself."
33. "Your smile is charming, your laughter is infectious. You are a stunning woman and above all, you are my daughter.
34. "To my daughter, never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be. Love, Mom."
35. “In my life, you are the sun that never fades and the moon that never wanes.”
36. “Every moment I have had with my daughter is precious.” — Cathy Shaffer
37. “From a little girl so very small, how and when did you get so tall?” — Karen Mortensen
38. “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
39. “Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be.”
40. “You’re always with me, like a hand-print on my heart.”
Funny Mother-Daughter Quotes
41. “The first lesson every child of Athena learned: Mom was the best at everything, and you should never, ever suggest otherwise.” — Rick Riordan
42. "A daughter is God’s way of saying he thought you could use a lifelong friend."
43. “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a Mother.”
44. "By the time you realize your mother was right, you have a daughter who thinks that you're wrong." — Sada Malhotra
45. "Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around." — Barbara Delinsky
46. “Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children!” — Sam Levenson
47. "Our mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we've ever met." — Marguerite Duras
48. “A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have.” — Robert Brault
49. “In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth.” — Randy Susan Meyers
50. "If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" — Milton Berle
Short Mother-Daughter Quotes
51. "Maybe motherhood means honoring one's mother." — Sheila Heti
52. "My greatest blessings call me mom."
53. "A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend."
54. "You’ll always be with me, like a handprint on my heart."
55. "Daughters are far more precious than Jewels."
56. "A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous."
57. “For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.”
58. "A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled." — Emily Dickinson
59. “Happiness is mother and daughter time.”
60. “Motherhood is difficult and rewarding.” — Gloria Estefan
Mother To Daughter Quotes
61. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” — Ian McEwan
62. "Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of the most beautiful chapters."
63. "No matter how old my daughter gets, she’ll always be my baby girl."
64. “Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away.” — Heather Gudenkauf
65. "I did not give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you."
66. “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.”
67. “Becoming a mother forced me to have hope.” — Nefertiti Austin
68. "Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love." — Margaret E. Sangster
69. "A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness." — Ben Sirach
70. "A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give." — Laurel Atherton
71. “When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes sides with you in squabbles with her own daughter — that's something.” — Lou Gehrig
72. “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life the stronger the daughter.” — Anita Diamant
73. "I have never dreamt of having a better daughter than you. You made my life complete."
74. “Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love.” — Dave Willis
75. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” — Richard Bach
76. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” — Oprah Winfrey
77. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” — Robert A. Heinlein
78. “Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
79. “Thank you for being the answer to the prayer I hadn’t realized I asked for.” — Marisa Donnelly
Related Stories From YourTango:
80. “Daughter not by birth but by good fortune, I’m so lucky to have you in my life.”
Quotes For The Woman Who's Like Family
81. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” — Bethany Hamilton
82. "I hope you believe in yourself as much as I believe in you."
83. “And though she be but little, she is fierce.” — William Shakespeare
84. “You are the woman who came into my life unexpectedly, whose presence kissed my soul.” — Marisa Donnelly
85. “Thank you for caring. You don’t have to, but I sure am glad you do.” — Kasey Chatburn
86. “You’re a very special lady, who showered me with love I am thankful for you as I’ve told God above.” — Charly Lester
87. “Each day I give thanks for you and appreciate all that you do.” — Catherine Pulsifer
88. “What sunshine is to flowers, and tides are to the sea, is nowhere as important you’re being in my life is to me.” — C. Stellar
89. “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” — Albert Schweitzer
90. “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” — Susan Gale
Quotes About Being A Mother To A Daughter
91. “We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.” — Letty Cottin Pogrebin
92. “If you ever feel like giving up, just remember there is a little girl watching who wants to be just like you.”
93. "A mother’s treasure is her daughter."
94. “To my beautiful daughter, always remember: you are brave, you are capable, you are pretty, and you can accomplish anything your heart desires! I know this because I am your mother.”
95. “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous…full of beauty and forever beautiful…loving and caring and truly amazing.” — Deanna Beisser
96. “You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete.”
97. “Find it within you to love exactly who you are and to know you’re capable, you’re loved and you’re beautiful. The world is a better place, because of you. You are unique because there is only one of you.” — Shantel VanSanten
98. “As they get older, our daughters become more and more like us too.” — Amy Newmark
99. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” — "Winnie the Pooh"
100. “A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.”
Daughter To Mother Quotes
101. “The older I get, the more I see the power of that young woman, my mother.” — Sharon Olds
102. "There were times when... I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” — Taylor Swift
103. “A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” — Dorothy C. Fisher
104. "My mom taught me a woman’s mind should be the most beautiful part of her.” — Sonya Teclai
105. "My mother... she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her." — Jodi Picoult
More for You on YourTango:
Kaylee Dubois is a graphic designer and writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.