People seem to always feel sorry for women who are single. Hell, some single women even feel sorry themselves!
But reading single quotes for girls can help you feel empowered. Being single is not a death sentence, it's actually really rewarding.
Think about it, you can focus solely on being the best version of yourself that you can be and doing exactly what you want and need. You won't be single forever — or maybe you will. Who cares! You need to embrace your current single status and enjoy the heck out of it.
This is the only life you get! You don't need a man or a partner or to be in a relationship to be happy.
There's no reason you should feel bad to stay single because lots of women choose to be single or don't mind staying single because they are thriving in their careers and don't want to be tied down.
The best thing, by far, about being single is realizing how strong you are and you can learn to be a fiercely independent woman and to be happy through these quotes.
Here are 60 inspirational single quotes for girls that can help remind you why flying solo kind of kicks butt.
1. "S.I.N.G.L.E = Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loving, Enlightened."
2. "Single is no longer a lack of options – but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out." — Mandy Hale
3. "I recommend to all my friends that they be alone for a while. When you’re in love or dating someone, you filter your life decisions through their eyes. When you spend a few years being who you are, completely unbiased, you can figure out what you actually want." — Taylor Swift
4. "The most profound relationship we'll ever have is the one with ourselves."
5. “I’m not alone! I’m with myself. And myself is fabulous.” — Eva Longoria
6. “Once we recognize what it is we are feeling, once we recognize we can feel deeply, love deeply, can feel joy, then we will demand that all parts of our lives produce that kind of joy.” — Audre Lorde
7. "Single is not a status. It is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others."
8. “A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” — Mandy Hale
9. “I think, therefore I’m single." — Liz Winston
10. "Yes ... I'm single. And you'll have to be f—g amazing to change that."
11. “My work is so rewarding and I’m so self-centered about it that I’m kind of excited about not having to go home and ask someone about their day." — Mindy Kaling
12. “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
with someone that makes you happy."
14. “I’m not a lonely person. I never feel lonely … It’s not a sad thing to be alone. I think what I was trying to get across was that I don’t feel a lack of something not being in a relationship. I don’t feel like there is an emotional void to be filled.” — Jennifer Lawrence
15. “I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming with all my heart.” — Alice Walker
16. "I've been single for a while and I have to say it's going well. Like ... it's working out. I think I'm the one."
17. “When I’m alone, I’m alone. I don’t have anybody to call, and so I have to create meaning from myself. That’s why I don’t give a fuck because I can’t lose anything. What I have I make myself.” — Constance Wu
18. “Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love." — Mandy Hale
19. "Being single is better than being in the wrong relationship."
20. “I think that’s a new freedom for women, especially. I don’t know that my mother would have been able to be 22 and secure in being alone. But my future doesn’t rely on having a partner.” — Miley Cyrus
21. "Your heart just breaks, that’s all. But you can’t judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.” — Audrey Hepburn
22. "Being single used to mean nobody wanted you. Now it means you're pretty, sexy, and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with." — Carrie Bradshaw
23. “We are becoming the men we wanted to marry.” — Gloria Steinem
24. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” — Oscar Wilde
25. "The best thing about being single is sleeping around. You can sleep all over that bed of yours. Left. Right. Middle. Wherever."
26. “My general outlook is if I don’t have time to take a bath on a regular basis, then I don’t have time for another human. I love being busy, and I enjoy where I am at right now.” — Yara Shahidi
27. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” — Maya Angelou
28. "You don't need to have two people to have two wine glasses."
29. "Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in." — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
30. “Discover why you’re important. Then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree.” — Fisher Amelie
31. "I don't like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone."
32. “Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is.” — Mae West
33. "You are terrifying and strange and beautiful, something not everyone knows how to love.” — Warsan Shire
34. "Create adventures for yourself."
35. “I will not fall in love with your bones or skin. I will not fall in love with the places you have been. I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your extraordinary mind.” — Andre Jordan
36. "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." — Oscar Wilde
37. "Stay single until someone actually compliments your life in a way that it makes it better to not be single. If not, it's not worth it."
38. “Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.” — George Carlin
39. "Every woman in her late 20s goes through a period where she just doesn’t believe love is out there anymore, but it is. And I think the minute you stop looking for it is when it comes for you." — Kristen Bell
40. "Appreciate being single because that's when you grow the most & with that growth, you come to know what you're looking for."
41. “I have to go. I have a finite amount of life and I don’t want to spend it arguing with you.” — Jenny Trout
42. "I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude." — Henry David Thoreau
43. "If you're single, focus on being a better you instead of looking for someone better than your ex. A better you will attract a better next."
44. “The girls who were unanimously considered beautiful often rested on their beauty alone. I felt I had to do things, to be intelligent and develop a personality in order to be seen as attractive. By the time I realized maybe I wasn’t plain and might even possibly be pretty, I had already trained myself to be a little more interesting and informed.” — Diane Von Furstenberg
45. "When you’re single and in your 20s, you throw on a pair of jeans and look fabulous." — Sheena Easton
46. "Instead of 'single' as a marital status, they should have 'independently owned and operated.'"
47. “Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you.” — Joey Adams
48. "Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you're in." — Kelly Rowland
49. "Wake up. Kick ass. Repeat."
50. “You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see smart women with a dumb guy.” — Erica Jong
51. "Being with no one is better than being with the wrong one. Sometimes those who fly solo have the strongest wings." — Nitya Prakash
52. "Yes, I am currently single. No, that does not mean there is something wrong with me."
53. “To start telling people that you’re beautiful, or just feel beautiful, just start acting like you are the most beautiful woman in the world. And it really improves everything! Because your sort of psyche responds to it — like this is truthful!” — Margaret Cho
54. "Love yourself first, because that’s who you’ll spend the rest of your life with." — Luigina Sgarro
55. "F—k Happy Valentine's Day. You're single and fabulous."
56. "Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” — Anne Frank
57. "Too many women throw themselves into romance because they’re afraid of being single, then start making compromises and losing their identity. I won’t do that." — Julie Delpy
58. "Sometimes 'I'm Single' means 'I'm drama-free, less stressed, and refuse to settle for less.'"
59. "The most profound relationship we will ever have is the one with ourselves." — Shirley MacLaine
60. "Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it." — John Mayer
Brittany White is a writer and a collector of crystals, moon trinkets, and mystery books. When she's not writing for YourTango, you can find her obsessing over scary movies (with the exception of Freddy Krueger, of course).