You are capable of doing amazing things and these independent woman quotes prove it! But you know that already and hopefully your husband does too.
A strong woman doesn't need a man to take care of her, and these empowering independent woman quotes prove just that.
You're miss (well, Mrs.) self-sufficient.
Maybe you're the type of woman who, from day 1, was honest with yourself and him about what kind of marriage you were going to have. You knew that you wanted to have your own career and your own life on the side so that you wouldn’t lose your identity.
Or maybe you're still single and damn proud of it. Maybe you come from a long line of strong, independent women who taught you that a woman doesn't need a man (Tass the world needs more of you). Or that a woman should never rely on a man. Women should always make something of themselves.
Either way, you’re not some 1950s housewife that stays home all day baking apple pies and cleaning the house. No! You’re a go-getter and a total Bada**.
You're exactly what these independent woman quotes express. So here's to you, strong, beautiful, powerful women!
21 independent woman quotes you can instantly relate to.
1. "I prefer to earn it. It makes me appreciate it more."
2. "You can't make a man treat you right, but you can make him wish he did."
3. "I'm not someone who can be controlled. I want someone who will watch me do my thing and be like, 'that's my girl.'"
4. "At this age I am only interested in consistency, stability, respect, and loyalty."
5. "The only thing more beautiful than the woman that knows what she wants, is the woman that isn't waiting on anybody else to get it for her."
6. "You don't find your worth in a man. You find your worth within yourself and then find a man who is worthy of you. Remember that."
7. "A woman can always tell if a man loves her by how much time he's willing to invest. Money spent is meaningless, but time spent is priceless."—Tony A. Gaskins Jr.
8. "The smartest thing a woman can ever learn, is to never need a man."
9. "If I was meant to be controlled, I would have come with a remote."
10. "Spoil me with loyalty, I can finance myself."
11. "A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her."—Marilyn Monroe
12. "I know what I bring to the table. So trust me when I say I am not afraid to eat alone."
13. "The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own."—R.H. Sin
14. "What do I have to bring to the table? Boy, I brought this table."
15. "My favorite position is CEO."—Lauren Conrad
16. "I'd rather struggle every day of my life than to ever give a man the power to say, 'you wouldn't have that if it wasn't for me."
17. "A vibrant and independent woman is much more beautiful than a woman who waits for people to validate her existence."—Kelly McNelis Senegor
Related Stories From YourTango:
18. "You ain't married to no average b*tch, boy."—Beyoncé
19. "I do a thing called what I want."
20. "Anything a man can give me materialistic, I can give myself. So my definition of spoiling is giving me your time. Give me experiences."
21. "What's a queen without her king? Well, historically speaking, more powerful."
More for You:
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious friendship truths, we've got you covered.