Why The Chilling New Video For XXXTentacion's 'Sad!' Reawakens Questions About The Truth Behind His Murder

Photo: YouTube
Did XXXTentacion Predict His Death In The Official Video For 'Sad!'? Conspiracy Theories Resurface As Rapper Attends His Own Open Casket Funeral
Buzz

The official video was released one day after his own open casket memorial service.

Following a public, open-casket memorial for rapper XXXTentacion, a posthumous video for his single "Sad!" has just been released.

The video was filmed just before 20-year-old XXXTenaction was shot and killed upon leaving a motorcycle dealership in Deerfield Beach, Florida on June 18, and eerily features the rapper attending his own funeral, fighting with his former self, and in dialogue with a dark, cryptic figure that may be Death.


RELATED: What Does The Note In XXXTentacion’s Official Video For 'Sad!' Say & Mean?


Written and creative-directed by XXXTentacion, who was born Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy, the song was originally released on March 2, 2018, and skyrocketed to the number one spot on Billboard after his death, making him the only other solo artist to get a posthumous number one hit since "Life After Death" by The Notorious B.I.G. (aka Biggie Smalls, Biggie, and Biggy) in 1997.

See the video below:

While attending the funeral, XXXTentacion tells a story through captions, which he wrote himself.

It ends with the caption, "you have done well at battling yourself", and includes a note in which he seems to explain that he has been struggling to change himself and his life for the better.

His attorney, J. David Bogenschutz, told HollywoodLife he saw the change in the rapper right before he passed.

XXXTentacion was previously accused of domestic violence and was awaiting trial during the time of his death.


RELATED: 5 New Details About 22-Year-Old Dedrick D. Williams, The Man Police Charged With XXXTentacion's Murder


"The sadness of this, he was only 20 years old, he has this incredible talent," Bogenschutz said. "When I took over his case in December, the case was a shambles, and from December to January, I watched this kid turn around every problem he had, and the courts and judges were behind him too."

"They took off his ankle monitor and allowed him to travel internationally."

Police arrested one man in connection with XXXTentacion's death, and federal suspects are reportedly looking for two other suspects.

Though some fans have speculated that the rapper was targeted — or even that his death was a stunt and he's still alive — police still maintain that they believe the murder was the result of a random robbery gone awry.


RELATED: New Conspiracy Theories About XXXTentacion's Death, Including Why Fans Think He's Still Alive


Emily Blackwood is an editor at YourTango who covers pop culture, dating, relationships and everything in between. Every Wednesday at 7:20 p.m. you can ask her any and all questions about self-love, dating, and relationships LIVE on YourTango’s Facebook page. You can follow her on Instagram, Twitter or on her website.

Author
Editor