How to know that you have recovered from a painful breakup.
Last week I started a discussion about how long it takes to get over an ex. Answers varied, of course, depending on lots of different factors, and some people even admitted they weren't sure whether they'd ever get over an ex. While we may not be there now, most of us can remember a time when we wondered the very same thing. Fortunately, time really does heal most wounds and eventually the fog lifts and the day comes when you realize, suddenly, you're gloriously, blessedly, wonderfully, finally over him! That day doesn't come without warning, of course. There are always signs you're moving on. After the jump, 15 ways to know you're over an ex. The Frisky: When Will I Stop Being Angry?
1. You haven't read his horoscope in over a month.
2. You take the most direct route to work instead of driving the long way to check for unfamiliar cars in his driveway. The Frisky: What Crazy Lengths Have You Gone To Just To Avoid An Ex?
3. It was his mother's birthday last week and you didn't remember until this morning.
4. Your best friend suggests you delete the photo you've saved of him in your camera and you don't even flinch.
5. It's been three weeks since you "could have sworn" you saw him on the street. The Frisky: What Do You Remember About Your Worst Breakup?
6. You meet someone new at a party and when he asks if you have a boyfriend, you say "no" instead of "I did, but we broke up."
7. You've stopped wondering if he'll call.
8. You no longer think of that pretty green dress in your closet as "his favorite dress."
9. You don't hear from him on your birthday and you're fine with it. The Frisky: MERRIMe, A New Web Comedy About Online Dating