Get ready for your insides to liquefy.
Ahh, everlasting love. Who doesn't crave the kind of relationship where "forever" actually means, well, forever? Skeptics, behold and beware: True love is possible; true love is out there. And we've gathered the perfect commitment quotes to inspire you to keep your eyes open (and melt your heart in the process). If you've already found The One (lucky you!), these mellifluous words will resonate profoundly, because you're already standing in the celestial light of understanding. So awww-worthy.
2. "True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice."
— Sadhu Vaswani
3. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
— Mignon McLaughlin
4. "To have a caring and committed heart toward someone—a heart so firm in its devotion as to sooner stop beating than neglect the object of its desire despite the person's state of health, appearance, reputation, finances, troubles, or challenges — that, dear world, is love. It is a rare find." — Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, & Grumblings for Every Day of the Year
5. "What a happy and holy fashion it is that those who love one another should rest on the same pillow."— Nathaniel Hawthorne
6. "I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on Earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?"— Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
8. "You can measure the happiness of a marriage by the number of scars that each partner carries on their tongues, earned from years of biting back angry words." — Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
9. "I don't care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart." — Josephine Angelini, Starcrossed
11. "It was finally becoming clear to her that love wasn't about finding someone perfect to marry. Love was about seeing through to the truth of a person, and accepting all their shades of light and dark. Love was an ability." — Lisa Kleypas, Tempt Me at Twilight
12. "If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life." — Oscar Wilde
13. "Love is not maximum emotion. Love is maximum commitment." — Sinclair B. Ferguson
14. "You only need one man to love you. But him to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. Only one man and all of this." — C. Joybell C., The Sun is Snowing
15. "... I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity." — John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
17. "True love stories never have endings." — Richard Bach