Information Collection and Use
Tango collects personal information when you register with us, when you use our products or services, and when you respond to our polls, surveys, e-mail messages and newsletters. When you register we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, zip code and other information on you and your personal interests. Once you register with Tango and log on to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, for example, your IP address (your computer’s location on the Internet) and our cookie information (if installed). We record your IP address for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We do not use IP address logs to track your session or your behavior on our website.
We use personal information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see (such as banner advertising), facilitate product and content development, improve our services, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
We care about the safety of children and take the protection of children’s privacy very seriously. Tango won’t knowingly allow anyone under age of 15 to provide us with any personal information, and we do not encourage participation or visitation by children. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved in your children’s online experience.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Tango does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- In the event we must respond to subpoenas, or court orders, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- In the event we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our usage policy, or as otherwise required by law;
- If we are required to transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of the assets or stock of Tango or its affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Our website uses a feature of your browser to place a “cookie” on your computer. Cookies are small packets of information that our website’s computer stores on your hard drive. We can then read the cookies whenever you visit us.
- You may modify your browser preference relating to cookies. With the most common browsers you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies you may not be able to use those all of Tango’s available features and services.
- Tango may let other companies that show advertisements on our website place their own cookies on your computer. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Tango’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
You can edit or delete your Tango Account Information at any time by using the links on our website or writing to the email@example.com. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our website, such as service announcements, administrative messages and our e-mail newsletters if you have opted-in for them. You, of course, have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Please be advised that we may archive information we collect on our members and visitors.
Upon registration or from time-to-time, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about special offers or news about our products, services, and advertisers. You may also be provided with the opportunity to opt-in to receive offers directly from select companies other than Tango. If you do choose to receive these communications by means of an opt-in, we will occasionally send you an e-mail message that matches your request(s). You may, of course, always choose not to receive any of this information from us. We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities:
- Upon registration, you can choose to receive no communications from us other than an initial member welcome message.
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in every newsletter or e-mail message to unsubscribe from that mailing list or e-mail service.
- At any time, you can edit your Tango Account Information to have your contact preference changed to “Do Not Contact Me.” or write to the firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any difficulty that you experience in this regard and we will take prompt action.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to your personal information to members of the Tango staff who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you. In certain areas Tango uses industry-standard tools to protect data transmissions and ensure that your personal information is secure and confidential. In addition, your Tango Account Information is password-protected and we encourage you to choose passwords that are secure.
We may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we handle personal information by placing a prominent notice on our website or by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your Tango account. Please refer back to this policy regularly.