Love varies. Sometimes, it's a serious affliction. Other times, love gives you goosebumps. And then there are times when love is outright painful. But right now? Now's the time to celebrate the silliness of love. You know, the adorable goofiness of love. The so-cute-I-can't-stand-it love. We've handpicked these cute love quotes just for the occasion.
2. "Love is a two-way street constantly under construction." ― Carroll Bryant
3. "Tell him I'm going to the back seat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for ten minutes!" — Homer Simpson
4. "Falling in love is when she falls asleep in your arms and wakes up in your dreams." — Unknown
5. "Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it." — Candace Bushnell
7. "The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy that loves you." — Markus Zusak
8. "It wasn't love at first sight. It took a full five minutes." — Lucille Ball (on Desi Arnaz)
9. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
— Winnie the Pooh
10. "When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was adfraid to kiss you. When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you." — Anonymous
11. "True love stories never have endings." — Richard Bach
12. "Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun." — Groucho Marx
13. "A hug is like a boomerang: you get it back right away." — Bil Keane
14. "Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat." — Joanne Woodward
15. "In my sex fantasy, nobody ever loves me for my mind." ― Nora Ephron
16. "Love thy neighbor — and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier." ― Mae West
17. "I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children, they just about throw up."
— Barbara Bush
18. "Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you, you know, maybe you just need one person." — Kermit the Frog
19. "Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened." ― Dr. Seuss
20. "There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart." — Melanie Griffith in 'Milk Money'
21. "No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong."
— Rhett Butler in 'Gone With the Wind'
22. " Love is like Pi: natural, irrational, and very important." — Lisa Hoffman
23. "There's always room for love; You just have to move a few things around." — Anonymous
24. "Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendored thing.
Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love!" — Christian in 'Moulin Rouge'
25. "Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties" — Jules Renard
26. "Some people never say the words 'I love you,' for like a child they're longing to be told." ― Paul Simon
27. "I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." — Marilyn Monroe
28. "That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call them something else." — Sixteen Candles
29. "We were together. I forget the rest." ― Walt Whitman
30. "Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there." — Good Will Hunting
31. "First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity: no really self-respecting woman would take advantage of it." — George Bernard Shaw
32. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." — Charles Schulz
33. "As long as you know most men are like children, you know everything." — Coco Chanel
34. "The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed." — Eminem
35. "Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell." — Joan Crawford
36. "Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become." — My Big Fat Greek Wedding
37. "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." — Satchel Paige
38. "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." — Jane Austen
39. "Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable." — Wizard of Oz
40. "Men should be like Kleenex...soft, strong, disposable." — Cher
41. "The being in love is better than the falling in love." — Simply Irresistible
42. "It's a wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face, when you've gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like." — The Bachelor (movie)
43. "And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." — Paul McCartney
44. "The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." — Bob Marley
45. "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." — Oscar Wilde
46. "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real loves to be silly." — Rose Franken
47. "I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours." — Bob Dylan
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 31 Funny Love Quotes
- 32 Best Love Quotes for All You Married People
- 14 Funny Sayings About Marriage from Our Favorite Movies