Heartbreaking New Details Revealed About The 3-Year-Old Ohio Girl Who Died Two Weeks After A Trusted Babysitter Assaulted Her

Hannah Wesche was found with bruises on her head and face.

Hannah Wesche Twitter

An Ohio girl is dead after police say she was brutally assaulted earlier this month by a trusted babysitter. 

Hannah Wesche, 3, passed away on Sunday after spending the past two weeks in the hospital fighting for her life after an incident with 35-year-old Lindsay Partin. 

Partin was watching Wesche on Mar. 8 at her home when she allegedly hit the toddler so hard that the girl fell backward and "hit her head on the concrete garage floor." 


RELATED: Awful New Details About 'The Rape House', The Man Who Ran It For 40 Years & Why Justice Was Never Served For The Hundreds Of Girls Abused There

When police arrived at Partin's home, they found Wesche unconscious with obvious physical trauma. She admitted to hitting the child and was arrested on charges of child endangerment and felonious assault. 

She later pleaded not guilty. 

When the toddler was found, she had bruises on her head and face. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced as brain dead. She passed away at 12:15 a.m. on Sunday. 


"I mean, it's unimaginable. I can't begin to explain the feeling of losing a child at the hands of this ... of just a violent act. Hannah was great," her father, Jason Wesche, said last week. "We just want to stress that this situation is devastating. She is not expected to survive. Within the next couple of days, we are told that it's going to come to an end."

RELATED: Sad New Details Revealed About The 20-Year-Old Girl Who Is Permanently Blind After Gouging Her Eyes Out While On Drugs

“She was a big part of our family. She meant everything to everybody,” he said in a statement after she died. “This is just an extremely difficult time. We just hope to god she is in heaven with him and ask for continued prayers.”

On the day of the attack, Jason Wesche dropped the toddler off with Partin before he went to work, which he said he did regularly for the past several months without incident. 


However that day, Partin called him just minutes after he left and claimed the child fell unconscious and she didn't know why. “I thought she was dying. When I picked her up, she was gasping for breath. And every time I’d yell her name, she’d take a deep breath,” Wesche told The Washington Post.

Partin has been released on bond and is expected to face more charges. 


RELATED: Disturbing Details About The Man Who Checked A 16-Year-Old Girl Out Of School And Ran Away With Her After Police Learned They Were In An Illegal Relationship

Emily Blackwood is an editor at YourTango who covers pop culture, true crime, dating, relationships and everything in between. Every Wednesday at 7:20 p.m. you can ask her any and all questions about self-love, dating, and relationships LIVE on YourTango’s Facebook page. You can follow her on Instagram (@blackw00d) and Twitter (@emztweetz).