How any man can be a Valentines Hero.
Best case most men are intimidated by Valentines Day. Worst case they resent it. A lot of men feel like Valentines Day is a lose, lose proposition. Expectations for romance are sky high and men as a species are not super comfortable with their ability to deliver. Some men feel high-jacked by a “Hallmark” holiday.
Men feel pressure to spend a lot of money and compete with the romantic displays of other men with their women. No surprise, when the Valentines Day industry encourages this. I saw an ad for flowers yesterday where a woman talked about receiving a floral super gift at work that made all the other ladies jealous. Bottom line many men feel like they are set up to fail. So, what’s a guy to do??? More importantly, what’s a guy to do that doesn’t cost a fortune?
1. Two flowers. A rose first thing in the morning. They’ll cost you four bucks a piece at 7/11. Keep them in your car the night before. Give one to her before you leave the house in the morning and it’ll answer the question, “Did he remember the special day??” Hold the second flower back for later.
2. Yes, the celebration should include a meal. That doesn’t have to mean dinner at the most expensive spot in town. It can be a picnic, indoors or out. It can be a trip down memory lane, like the place you went on your first date. It could be lunch at hotel. Whatever it is, think intimate, vs. expensive.
3. Put pen to paper. Even if you’ve never done it, maybe especially if you’ve never done it, write a love note. Notice, I didn’t say letter, I said note. The recipe is simple, three paragraphs. First, a cherished memory you have of times with her. Second, something you love about her. Third, how she makes you feel. Sign it I love you, and you’re done. Very important note: Give her this note at dinner or deliver it to her office during the day.
4. Jewelery, or chocolate? Maybe none of the neither. Maybe a gift certificate for a massage or pedicure - either by a professional, or better yet, maybe by you. Treat her to something that will leave her feeling pampered and precious. If you opt to buy them, you’re looking at about $50.00. If you opt to offer up the pampering yourself, you better follow through, probably on Valentines evening.
5. Run her a bath. Before bedtime, run her a bath, light some candles in there, and sprinkle the petals from the last rose in the tub. Done.
Follow these five steps and I swear to you - you will be a Valentines Day hero. Which is really what men want - even the ones that hate the holiday.
Lisa Hayes C.Ht. is the Love Whisperer. She is a Law of Attraction Relationship Coach and author of The Passion Plan and Escape from Relationship Hell. She specializes in helping people get the love they want, no matter where they are in their lives. You can find her at her digit home, www.lisamhayes.com. Get her free audio, How to Talk to a Man, HERE.