Put forever in perspective.
Committing yourself to one person forever can be comforting, frightening, fulfilling — all of these things and more. And who among has the clarity to put such a complex phenomenon as love into words? Authors, of course. Here are 16 of the most outstanding commitment love quotes from talented writers. Each is like a love quote with a twist.
1. "Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans." ―Peter F. Drucker
2. "Freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose — and commit myself to — what is best for me." ―Paulo Coelho, The Zahir
3. "Commitment is an act, not a word." ―Jean-Paul Sartre
4. "We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence." ―Cornel West, Breaking Bread: Insurgent Black Intellectual Life
5. "Without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it's a relationship, a business or a hobby." ―Neil Strauss, The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
6. "To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect." ―Criss Jami, Venus in Arms
7. "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness." ―William Hutchison Murray
8. "Set the standard! Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, & respect when you don't even show that to yourself." ―Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
9. "To fall in love and to commit yourself to love means you should make your loved one the one thing you cherish the most." ―Kou Yoneda, No Touching At All
10 "I think when men hear that women want a commitment, they think it means commitment to a romantic relationship, but that's not it. It's a commitment to not floating around anywhere. I want a guy who is entrenched in his own life." ―Mindy Kaling, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
11. "Love, above all things, is a commitment to your choice." ―Rob Liano
12. "Seems to me that there is a fine line between insanity and dedication…I call that line commitment." ―Jeremy Aldana
13. "If you cant value a commitment made by someone else, your own commitments lose their value too." ―Ram Mohan
14. "To commit to loving a person for five minutes is easy. To commit to loving a person for the rest of your life, after you have met them, is a strong commitment. But when you commit to loving a person before you meet them and for the rest of your life, you have made the strongest commitment one can make to a relationship." ―Tom Houck, Being Faithful To Your Future Spouse: Faithfulness Begins Before You Meet
15. "Love grows and wanes, but honor, duty, and commitment, those things are constant and stable. They define who you are." ―Richelle E. Goodrich, Eena, The Return of a Queen
16. "If you want a man who's committed, go look in a mental hospital." ―Alexandra Potter, Do You Come Here Often?
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.