You don't have to say a word ... and he'll be hooked!
As a self-professed former shy girl, I can tell you that meeting men can be a downright brutal process. You are simply not comfortable going up to men and asking them out on a date. Going out to socials is fun for everyone else but you. You would much rather be home cuddling with your sweetheart, curled up with a box of popcorn watching Joey on an episode of Friends. Life just can't get any better.
Well, for all of my shy girls, I totally get you and have included some of my ultimate top 10 favorite ways that will help you get noticed and get the guy!
1. Be confident in yourself. This may sound like a contradiction, but you need to be confident in who you are and self-assured that you will get what you need in life. It helps you to honor your boundaries and set firm standards of what you will and will not tolerate from men. Interestingly enough, men love confident women and generally rank it high on their list of desired traits in a woman.
2. Dress to impress the guys. It's been said that women dress to appease other women. But when you're single, attracting men should be a priority. There are plenty of nice outfits for both day and night that would be perfect for the office and that late evening happy hour as well. You may want to check to see if there is a consultant in one of your favorite stores. Let her know the desired effect you want out of your look and she may be able to help you. You may also want to hire an image consultant.
3. Have a flirty, optimistic attitude. Men are attracted to women that can make them feel good. If you nag or complain a lot, then he'll begin to imagine this is what it will be like when the two of you are married and run away quickly. If you seem to always have a positive outlook on life, you'll be a keeper, as he'll imagine great times with you in the future. Having a positive attitude is worth more than its weight in gold in getting noticed by men.
4. Show charm and grace. These are traits that really stand out on a woman because they're not taught in schools or homes anymore. There are some men that love to have a beautiful woman on their arms who is also well versed on proper etiquette. He'll always think of you when he is invited to upscale events.
5. Wear unique accessories. You want to stand out in the crowd, right? Well, this is a fun way to do it. Wear something unique like a vintage hat or an odd piece of jewelry as they could be great conversation starters. I love hats and jewelry. As a matter of fact, when I'm out on a scorching hot day, I make sure to put on a pretty hat and I always catch a guy looking my way. Keep reading...
More dating tips from YourTango: