Does that new hunky guy you've been dating see you in his future? Here are 10 ways he'll show you.
If you've met a guy online, swiped right on Tinder for a mutual match, or met through friends IRL, there's nothing more exciting than the beginning of a new relationship.
With the abundance of dates and new fresh faces in his inbox daily, how do you know if you're guy is really into you and if you're heading in the right direction? One thing I know for sure, if he wants you to become his girlfriend, he'll do whatever it takes to let you know.
Here are 10 signs that your new guy is hoping that he found his one in 40 million and that he might be ready to retire his online dating profile.
- He sends a daily good morning and good night text. If you're guy sends you a good morning text for you to see when you wake up without him, chances are he's excited about you and your new relationship. Starting and ending the day with you in mind, means you're the distraction that will make him smile while at work and all through the night.
- He calls and says, "It's me." When your relationship starts to develop a comfortable routine, chances are he'll call you and say, "Hi, it's me." When this happens, he's sending a message through verbal intimacy that your relationship is going in the right direction and he's feeling warm and fuzzy about you.
- He tells his therapist about you. Let's face it. His shrink knows more about him than you might ever, but if he's letting the therapist know he's got a new girl on his mind, he's thinking long-term and not a booty call. He's sending the message that he doesn't want to mess it up.
- He wants to introduce you to his friends. If his weekly routine includes hanging out with his buddies on Saturday morning, he's probably told them about his date with you from Friday night. If he's suggesting that you join him one weekend, he's letting you know that he wants you to be a part of his life, in and out of the bedroom.
- He talks about the future. While the conversation might not include ring shopping, if he's suggesting things he wants to do in the future, such as a weekend away, going with him to a concert that he has tickets for, or even discussing relationship goals, he's a guy that sees you by his side.
- He wants to see you on Friday and Saturday nights. When a guy is dating multiple women, he'll see one on Friday and another on Saturday to see who will eventually rank higher on the dating totem pole. If he wants to see you multiple days in a row, including both weekend nights, it's a sign that you're probably his one-and-only.
- He adds emoticons to his text messages. When he's thinking warm fuzzy feelings about you, chances are your guy will include a ☺ or xoxo to express his digital affection. Do him a favor, and return the gesture in kind. It's digital foreplay at its best.
- He's willing to take it slow. If a guy is thinking long-term, he won't be pressuring you to make a commitment or rush sex. A guy will wait as long as it takes for the right woman, as long as he's getting the cue that you're going in the right direction. After all, the four-bases from high school still can apply as adults and be quite fun.
- He wants to cuddle in bed. When your guy wants to feel sexy around you, it doesn't mean he only wants to have sex. Spending the night curled up in his arms may be the perfect ingredient for a loving relationship that's moving forward.
- He calls you to say good night. Even if you can't be in his arms, if he wants to hear your voice before he falls asleep at night, he's connecting with you and bonding. If this ritual is part of his regime, he's letting you know he wants you to be his girl.
If your new beau is doing the majority of things on this list, he's into you big time. If he's doing them all, you may have just won the love lottery and are on your way to getting a commitment. Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam.
Julie Spira is an online dating expert and founder of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene and helps daters ride into the digital sunset together. For more dating advice, follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter.