"My ex used to wear glasses ... He looked insanely hot in them—like a Jewish Clark Kent."
From nerd glasses to champagne bathing, these ladies longed to get inventive in the bedroom. Read about how they let their partners in on their kinky plans for the first time, and the guys' (sometimes) surprising reactions.
1. "My ex used to wear glasses to work, but he'd always take them off when we were hanging out. He looked insanely hot in them—like a Jewish Clark Kent. I became fixated on the glasses and wanted him to keep them on in bed. It seems like such a simple thing, but he was pretty passive and I didn't want to freak him out with sexual requests. Then one night during foreplay I just went for it. I told him to put his glasses on and do me. He followed along and it was fun for both of us."
—Jacqueline, 26, Lancaster, PA
2. "I used to watch porn on my own, so I thought it'd be fun to start watching it with my boyfriend, as well. I don't know why, but I was nervous about bringing it up and appearing too kinky. I guess I had some outdated idea in my mind that women should be docile damsels in the bedroom. Anyway, I sheepishly told him that I might be into watching certain X-rated films, as long as they had a good, romantic storyline. I played it off like I was a film buff and just interested in the cinematic quality of the movies. I'm sure he saw right through it, but he was sweet and found some good ol' Skinemax for us to watch together. Looking back, I know could've been straight forward, but eh … you learn."
—Courtney, 32, New York, NY
3. "My husband and I were in London and our hotel suite had this insanely gorgeous claw-footed bathtub. When I saw it, I immediately fantasized about laying in it naked while my husband poured champagne all over my body. I thought about it all day while we were sightseeing, and when we got back to the hotel late that night I finally got the courage to tell him. I knew it was an odd request and he probably chalked it up to being on vacation, but he was definitely game. It was so worth it."
—Emily, 30, Miami, FL
4. "It's pretty typical, but I fantasized about sex in public. After my boyfriend and I went through a dry spell, I figured it was a good time to bring it up. He was 100% on board…maybe a little too on board, as it turned out. We did it on a rooftop and in the woods while on a camping trip, and that pretty much did it for me. Mission accomplished. My boyfriend, however, wanted to keep going. I had to draw the line when he tried to get it on in a Gap fitting room. I told him it was time to brainstorm some new adventures."
—Jennifer, 35, New York, NY
5. "My boyfriend and I have always hinted at a threesome. Initially, we would joke about it just to test the waters and see how the other person felt, but it was pretty clear that we both wanted it. Finally, one night I managed to steer the conversation from hypothetical to real. For the first time we both discussed the idea without any sarcasm or humor involved. Unfortunately, I made one critical error—I was too quick to offer up a suggestion for our third person. I mentioned my gym trainer and my boyfriend got jealous. We still haven’t acted on our fantasy (and I had to switch gyms), but I'm sure we'll revisit the conversation some day."
—Tiffany, 31, Milwaukee, WI
6. "I had read about 'female hysteria', which was an actual medical diagnosis back in the Victorian era—or even before. Way before doctors understood female sexuality, doctors would "treat" women who seemed hysterical by inducing orgasms. Don't ask me why, but this sounded so hot to me. I asked my now-ex to 'play doctor' with me, and he loved the concept. Does this make me sick? Maybe, but it worked—the doctor cured my condition!"
—Rebecca, 35, Montclair, NJ