These sad love quotes will help anyone dealing with a broken heart.
Just been dumped? Caught someone cheating on you? Did you end it with him? Whatever the situation, the end of a romantic relationship is often painful and sad. When it feels unbearable, know this: You will get past this stage in your life. You will love again. And most of all, you're not alone. With this in mind, we've collected 10 love quotes for the broken hearted. Use them however you wish:
- to stoke your emotions and cry until you have no more tears
- to take solace in knowing that others before you have felt the same thing
- to spark your creativity so you can journal or blog about your heartbreak
1. "How could an angel break my heart? / Why didn't he catch my falling star? / I wish I didn't wish so hard. / Maybe I wished our love apart." - Toni Braxton in her song, How Could An Angel Break My Heart
2. "Life's a prison when you're in love alone…" – Usher in his song, Can You Help Me?
3. "Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime." - Bette Davis, actress
4. "Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." - Kahlil Gibran, writer and poet
5. "The hottest love has the coldest end." - Simple words of wisdom from the Socrates, Greek philosopher
6. "I was born the day you kissed me, and I died inside the night you left me. But I lived, oh how I lived while you loved me." - Rascal Flaats from their song, While You Loved Me
7. "The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you." - Anonymous
8. "Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together." - Anonymous
9. "You want me to act like we've never kissed, you want to forget; pretend we've never met, and I've tried and I've tried, but I haven't yet ... You walk by, and I fall to pieces." - Patsy Cline in the song, I Fall To Pieces
10. "Once upon a time I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart." - Bonnie Tyler in the song, Total Eclipse of the Heart
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.