Put down the celery and strap on some stilettos!
Got a hot date tonight but still haven't shed those final five pounds? Fortunately, sex appeal isn't all about weight. We asked our experts for some suggestions about how you can feel irresistible at any dress size, and here's what they had to say:
1. Wear your best color. The right color for you makes you look vibrant, happy and beautiful. It might not be your favorite color, so find out by standing in front of a mirror and holding different fabrics near your face. Then, you will see stunning effects! When in doubt, trust the Chinese medicine tradition: pinks, reds and oranges regulate joy and harmony. —Anne Cossé
2. Dress like you mean it. Dressing to impress shows that you respect yourself and that your loved one is worth the effort — both of which will increase your attraction factor. Plus, the confidence that comes with looking nice adds yet another dimension to your magnetism. So, put on a pretty dress and some stylish shoes for your next date, and wear them with a smile! —Linda DiBella
3. Follow your passion. Nothing is more irresistible than someone who believes strongly in a worthy cause and devotes her time and energy to it. If you love animals, check out your local animal shelter for volunteer opportunities, or, if your passion is to help those in need, spend a few hours per week at a local soup kitchen. Your sense of fulfillment is a vehicle for personal growth that will also up your level of irresistibility —Linda DiBella
4. Get out and move. Besides burning calories, getting out in nature for a hike or a walk in your neighborhood will increase your heart rate and blood flow which will give your skin a rosy hue and improve your mood. Nobody can resist a bright smile backed by a glowing complexion and positive energy! —Linda DiBella
5. Be interested. Who doesn't love to talk about themselves? Take the advice of Dale Carnegie and get into the habit of being on the receiving end by developing your listening skills and showing a genuine curiosity in what your partner has to say. When they trust that they'll be heard, understood, supported and maybe even challenged by your questions, they'll naturally want to spend time in your company. —Linda DiBella
6. Know that who you are is enough. There's nothing more beautiful than a woman who knows she's beautiful from the inside out. Are you caring, fun, witty, honest and reliable? These are the qualities that count and need to be valued, first and foremost by you! Buying into the media messages that promote image rather than substance undermines your self-esteem and further sabotages your self-image. —Loren Gelberg-Goff
For a limited time only, receive our free eBook, Irresistible You (a $5 value), yours free when you sign up for YourTango's free, daily newsletter.
More love advice from YourTango:
- 10 Unmistakable Ways To Know He's Head-Over-Heels For You
- 10 Things Men Say They LOVE About Us
- 3 Simple Steps For Lasting Love