Don't let your sexual fantasies ruin the mood.
Trying to spice things up with your partner? Unsure about suggesting role play or fantasy? Well, as thrilling as fantasies can be, the potential for trouble also exists. What might sound enticing to you could be a huge turn off to your partner. Dressing up or acting out your hottest dream may feel ridiculous or even offend him. For example, here are four fantasy scenarios gone wrong:
1. Insert hot guy/woman here. Jenny has a huge celebrity crush on Channing Tatum. She's not just a fan of his movies, but also his muscular and well-toned body. Recently, she asked her boyfriend to act out scenes from Tatum's male stripper movie, "Magic Mike." She can't understand why he was hurt and angry and why he refused.
Be sensitive. Your partner might feel jealous or threatened by your celebrity crush, especially if you frequently talk about how sexy the celeb is or if your partner is self-conscious about his/her own body.
2. Manipulation disguised as fantasy. Todd wishes his wife would be more adventurous in the bedroom, so he came up with a fantasy to nudge her in that direction. It failed big-time. In an effort to please him, Todd's wife tried to do what he asked, but she was visibly uncomfortable. The experience was not pleasing for either of them! Keep reading ...
More sex advice from YourTango:
- 17 Sex Positions Men Love MOST
- How Do You Keep Sex Fresh?
- I Went Undercover To See If A Girl Could Get Happy Ending Massage