Looking to rev up your sex life? Take these natural herbs to spice it up.
There are many things that can intensify your orgasm, including foreplay.
But did you know that having a simple cup of tea can make you have a more intense, fulfilling orgasm?
Herbs work on several levels; they reduce tension and increase blood flow; and can also increase sensation to our more delicate areas. Some of my favorite herbs are easy to come by and make a great tasting tea.
If tea is not your thing, you can take these herbs in the pill form two-three hours before you expect to have sex to have the most optimal effect.
Aphrodisiacs are categorized according to their mode of action into three groups: substances that increase libido or desire, substances that increase endurance, and substances that increase sexual pleasure.
The herbs below have the potential to do all of these things. (See the recipe at the end of the article for a tea, both you and your partner, can drink to increase the pleasure and intensity of your orgasms)
1. Yohimbe. For centuries, people have used this bark as a tonic to enhance sexual prowess and pleasure. Yohimbe's energizing effects stem from its ability to increase blood flow to the genitals in both men and women. It is thought to directly stimulate the pelvic nerve, ganglia, which causes increased sensation. Effects include increased libido, sensation and stamina.
2. Damiana. Damiana has been held in great esteem as an aphrodisiac since ancient times. It was first used ritually by the Aztecs as a sexual stimulant for men and women. James Duke, Ph.D. in his Handbook on Medicinal Herbs (1985) claimed that damiana makes "every nerve tingle with sexual sensation, whetting the appetite of lustful desire."
Thought of as a woman's sexuality enhancer, damiana also works for men to increase blood flow and sensation to the clitoris and penis. Damiana helps to restore the natural sexual desire, especially for the exhausted (or stressed) person.
3. Horny goat weed. A plant that has been used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for sexual dysfunction, horny goat weed is used to increase the libido in both men and women. In studies, it has proven to increase the sexual desire, endurance, and sexual satisfaction in both men and women, using the herb one-two hours prior to sexual activity.
4. Maca. The Incas found maca root so powerful that it was only eaten by royalty. Maca is used for both males and females. In women, maca enhances libido, increases energy and the sensation in the clitoral area. In men, maca enhances libido, increases energy, stamina and endurance, but also increases sperm count, testosterone levels and helps with erectile dysfunction.
5. Skullcap. A mild nervine, skullcap helps relax the central nervous system and reduce pain. As an aphrodisiac, skullcap helps relax both males and females and increases lubrication or emissions to make the experience a more pleasurable one.
6. Oatstraw. Oatstraw has been used for hundreds of years to calm and soothe the nerves and nervous system. (calms fight or flight response) Studies at the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality have shown that oatstraw also works as an aphrodisiac by freeing up testosterone. Oatstraw helps both men and women become more relaxed and receptive to sexuality. It also works by increasing lubrication in women, and increasing testosterone in men.
Aphrodisiac Tea Recipe
Damiana: 1 cup
Yohimbe: 1/4 cup
Horny goat weed: 1/4 cup
Skullcap: 1/2 cup
Oatstraw: 1/4 cup
Maca: 1/4 cup
Put in a tea ball or muslin bag and steep in hot, but not boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Drink once daily two-three hours before sexual activity for best results.