Women at 50 are fabulous and experiencing more sexual freedom than ever before!
The days of women over 50 fading into the furnishings are over! No longer the dowdy older depressed empty nester, we are discovering a full and fabulous life after children leave home. We are climbing career ladders, we are working out at the gym, we are eating healthier than ever and we know what we want and go after it.
Once the fear of pregnancy leaves and the menopausal hormones are under control, the world of sexual freedom is open to us. Feeling our oats, we know how to get what we want. We no longer live in fear that all men want younger women because the truth is men want confident women — women who are smart and self-secure. Women over 50 know who they are and frankly, they know 50 truly is fabulous.
Here are five ways to step into your sensuality at age 50, with grace and beauty:
1. Show your confidence. As I said earlier, we women over 50 know who we are. We are no longer just someone's mother or wife. We know our own values, needs and what it takes to be our best self. We know our life has a purpose. Further, we know how to get our needs met. The new 50 leaves behind the role of grandmotherly martyrdom for worldly traveler, executive and passionate lover.
2. Flirt more often. Married or not, it's important to feel your femininity. I believe the art of flirting is often overlooked as foreplay. Whether innocent or a prelude to a sexual encounter, feeling feminine and desirable is mandatory to freely express your sexuality.
Before you leave the house, prepare your body. Smell good, wear sexy underclothes, do your hair and makeup. When out, stand straight, look people in the eye, smile and be playful. Do what it takes to feel sexy. You know what I mean!
3. Know your body and be able to communicate your needs. At 20, I barely knew my own body and certainly couldn't tell a partner what I wanted. Many in their 20s and 30s are unhappy and neurotic about their bodies. After having babies, stretch marks, cellulite and after decades of pilates, yoga, cardio and weight training, we've learned our imperfections don't really matter. We've learned the truth: men just do not care! As far as they are concerned, naked is a good thing! Keep reading ...
More sex advice from YourTango:
- 17 Sex Positions Men Love MOST
- Sex Video: Can A Couple Be Happy Without Sex?
- I Went Undercover To See If A Girl Could Get Happy Ending Massage