Little things (like this!) mean a whole lot.
So, let me ask you — how strong is your communication with your partner? Do you find that the two of you text, email, nod at and grunt in reply to each other more than having actual meaningful conversations?
Admittedly, we all get caught up in our busy day-to-day lives, and often communication with our partners pays the price. But when we forget to say those three little words — 'I love you' — often enough (and with sincerity), our connection with each other begins to suffer, usually so slowly that we don't even notice the distance growing.
Marriage expert Gary Chapman, In his New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, urges couples to express their love for each other in many different forms. One important way that he stresses actually gets overlooked in our fast-paced digital society. And that method of connection is — the written word.
Written. As in with your hands and a pen a paper — not tapped with the tips of your fingers on your phone.
Think about it: Love letters used to be epic!!
They were tied with ribbon, stored in boxes for decades (like the ones in this amazing story!) and passed down through generations. Don't worry, you can be EPIC, too!
Just use this handy list of 'I love you' quotes to help you start writing the perfect love letter, or just to stick one of these on a post-it note on the bathroom mirror:
1. Sometimes I feel like my heart will burst with all of the longing and excitement I feel when I think of you.
2. They say you only fall in love once, but that can't be true ... Every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.
3. I love you to the moon and back.
4. With you, forever won't be too long.
5. I never knew how joyous life could be, until I saw your face.
6. When I see you, I think "Good job, God!"
7. If you need to hear why I love you, I can go on all night.
8. I am consumed by the desire to be with you, to talk to you and to feel you near me.
9. I could search my whole life through and through an never find another you.
10. When you feel alone, just look at the spaces between you fingers, and remember that's where my fingers fit perfectly.
11. Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person.
12. You are my world, gravity always pulls me toward you.
13. I'd rather argue with you, than kiss someone else.
14. Whatever you have to do today, I'm glad to be doing it with you.
15. If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
16. You look great today. How did I know? Because you look great everyday.
17. If, out of time, I could pick one moment and keep it shining, always new, of all the days that I have lived, I'd pick the moment I met you.
18. At this very moment, my thoughts of you have me smiling. You do that for me ... did you know that?
19. A piece of my heart is always missing when you’re not with me.
20. I never wanted to have anything in my life that I couldn't stand losing. It's too late for that.
So, there you have it — super sweet ways to put the words 'I love you' to paper and make the one you love smile! It takes just a minute or two of your time to write, but the loved feeling you'll give your partner will last far longer.
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.