Ten Things to Appreciate about Men
Ten Things to Appreciate about Men
Ten Things to Appreciate about Men
One of the things that definitely has changed and is changing my mind set in life, is staying in a state of appreciation. Appreciation for the NOW! Whatever is happening right now is perfect! There’s some – thing in every-thing to appreciate, if you are actually committed to appreciate rather than desecrate or destroy!
We women, have the tendency…, on occasion…, to do just that - desecrate, destroy, kill, smother, blow up, cast out, curse out, put out, or just “out” the men in our lives. I am sure men reading this can recall a time or two when they have been all kinds of bastards, m*th*r f*ck*rs, sons a b*tches, etc. by a woman, or gaggle of women, who just thought you were a piece of trash over something you did or didn’t do, the way she wanted it done, when she wanted it done.
So for all the men out there, I want to dedicate this article to you. I want to let you know that at least one woman out there appreciates you for just being a man. That’s right! I simply want to acknowledge all of the people on the planet with a Y chromosome, for having the good fortune to be born with something dangling between their legs. So let’s start there shall we?
1) Appreciate a man’s penis. I had a woman in one of my seminars recently. I always start by asking women what they appreciate about men. It puts their minds and hearts in a receptive place concerning men and opens them to the possibility that men are actually great! And men are really great! This particular women volunteers and starts off by saying she appreciates “the penis.” Well of all the responses I was expecting, that one blew me away – no pun intended. And what was so great about it is that every other woman nodded their head. We all appreciated the penis. No one made any comments about size, shape, color, prowess in the utilization of the penis. They simply appreciated “the penis”. It was great! It was one of the few times, I’ve been around women where size didn’t matter. It was a statement of fact. We women, appreciate “the penis”.
2) Appreciate being taken care of by a man. I appreciate it when I am in need of something to be done – anything from getting my car fixed to a kind word – he does it. He doesn’t wait to be asked, he just steps in and handles it. I love that! It’s an amazing feeling to be cared for by a man. Whether he’s my father, a friend, or lover. Nothing beats being taken care of by a man who steps in and steps up and does what is needed when it is needed.
3) Appreciate the strength of a man. I love it when a strong man holds me, catches me, lifts me. I love when he lifts things or moves things that are just too heavy for me. When he holds things up, or takes care of things that would make me break a sweat and he can lift them with one hand. I love it when he opens jars, tears open boxes, carries bags, or carries me. I love the strength of a man.
4) Appreciate the touch of a man. I love it when a man touches me. I love to feel his masculine strength. I love it when he touches me in a special way, a way that only he and I understand and know that it drives me crazy. I love it when he touches me in a caring way, when he cups my face and wipes my tears with his thumb. I love it when he holds me from behind, and I can feel his heat, his sex, the full force of his masculinity. I love him holding my face and kissing me. I love his hands around my waist. I love it when he touches my thighs when we are driving I love it when he holds my hand. I love it when he pulls me to him, I love it when he takes my arm and entwines it with his as we walk. I love and really appreciate the touch of a man.
5) Appreciate being be held by a man. I appreciate being lovingly held by a man. When he holds me for no reason for any reason. I love being spooned or just laying against him and being held on a couch. I love hugs and rubs when I’m sad. I love being held when I cry. I love feeling him against me – his heat, his strength, his touch, his love. I feel wanted. I feel cherished. I feel safe.
Check out next week’s blog for the next five things to appreciate about the men in your life.
6) Appreciate the scent of a man. I love the way a man smells after coming out of a shower or laying around the house all day. His natural scent, mixed with something clean and fresh, or a hint of musk, or just slightly sweaty, so you can smell him. I have been known to practically swoon over a good smelling man. There is simply nothing like it in the world.
7) Appreciate a man’s desire for you. I love it when a man wants me. I love to feel the desire in his gaze, in his breath, in his voice, in his touch, vibrating through his body. I love feeling the hum, the pulse, the almost tangible force of being desired by a man. I’m sure everyone woman has a moment she can recall being with a man who made her feel sexy, desirable, wanted with just a gaze, a look, or single touch. There is something about it that ignites my femininity and makes me feel powerful and vulnerable; like predator and prey all at once.
8) Appreciate being noticed by a man. One of the things I really appreciate about a man being seen – like really being seen and not just for my looks. Don’t get me wrong, I like being noticed for being attractive or feminine; more than that, I like being noticed for being me. I love it when a man compliments my “being” not just how looking. Like he notices things about me that I love or things I don’t love. I love it when men notice my intelligence, or generosity. Equally, I like when they notice that I am passionate or sad about something. I like when they notice that I’ve done specifically so they would notice me – like wear a certain perfume, or style my hair in a particular way or wear an outfit specifically for them. I also like it when they notice things about me that I don’t talk about, but they discern based on our conversation. Things like, the fact I love to cook, or appreciate certain types of adventures or activities. I love it when they actively notice things I like. So I told a guy I liked tea and he invited me out to a tea shop. It’s great when a man actively notices you and actively is attentive to what he learns about you.
9) Appreciate being challenged by a man. I love it when a man challenges me intellectually or emotionally. I don’t mean in an argument or invalidating my feelings. I mean actually honoring my thoughts, opinions, and feelings and offering a differing view point for my consideration. It’s great! I feel like he’s listening to me. He’s actually considering me and wanting something better for me. He’s opening me up to something different, something that would serve me in my life and in our relationship. I’ve had men lovingly offer me something to think about that made an amazing difference in my life. What’s also great about this, is he didn’t try to “fix” me, or say I was “wrong”. He merely offered it to me like a chocolate covered strawberry. It was like he really honored me as an intelligent woman who was capable of figuring it out and challenged my perception as an equal; not as someone who was an authority and had it all together or in a traditional “man” to his “woman” manner. He really respected my ability to figure out what was right for me and challenged me to actually look and consider other opinions and facts I hadn’t in the past. I felt like he had given me a gift and I really appreciated it.
10) Appreciate a man who appreciates your femininity. I really appreciate a man who sees me as a woman. I love it when a man holds doors open for me, helps me into a car, puts his hand in the small of my back and gently ushers me into a room. I love it when he moves me behind him to protect me. I love it when he acknowledges my femininity with words, or actions. When he “covers” me as a woman, offering me masculine protection and provision. When he takes care of me, and allows me to be a woman in his presence. He appreciates me being tearful or a tempest. He appreciates my cooking and still takes me out dancing. Appreciates my softness, vulnerabilities, and sensuality. He appreciates my practicality and nurturing. He appreciates me as a mom, a temptress, or business woman. He adores all the expressions of my femininity and is a demand for more.
So men, how did I do? Do you feel appreciated? Did you see yourself in any of these actions? If you did I’d love to hear about it.
Ladies, if any of these resonated with you, share it with the men in your life. Don’t let another day go by, without letting the man you know how much you appreciate him for being “a man” in your life.