Which of the three mistakes are you making?
Are you stuck in dead-end dating pattern? Disappointed that you haven't met your match? If so, you might be making three dating mistakes that take the fun out of dating and block love. Fortunately, the fix is easier than you may think. Below are three surprising dating mistakes that may keep you from finding the love of your life. Identify yours, then learn what you should be doing instead. How 'This Means War' Can Help You Find Love
1. Seeking a perfect love match . Have you created your mental picture of your perfect match? Do you go on dates with a list of ideal qualities you seek in your ideal match? Do you reject every date who doesn't measure up to your physical, financial, intellectual, spiritual or social standards? Do you wonder why no one measures up to your standards? If you're dating to find great love, here's what to do instead:
Your task is not to seek perfect love but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. This great love tip was shared hundreds of years ago by the poet, Rumi. It aligns with a universal law which states that like attracts like. So we attract what we are, not what we want. I often tell my online community that you find the right person by being more like the person you want to date. This also means that you ask for no more from a potential love match than you're willing to give.
What if you keep attracting a date with qualities that you don't like? Since we attract what we are, not what we want, you start seeing your dates as a mirror that reflects a weakness that you need to strengthen within yourself. Or, you strengthen your strengths so any weakness loses power and importance. When you do so, you will attract a date who reflects, shares and values your best qualities. Dating: How Do You Know If Someone Is A Match?
2. Seeing each new date through the veil of your past . Do you expect the same old patterns and problems with each new date you meet? If you were betrayed in a past relationship, do you keep looking for any signs of disloyalty in a new date? Do you expect the same old disappointments and notice that you always get what you expect? Ready to change that? If you're dating to find great love, here's what to do instead:
Understand the universal law which states that what you focus on expands. When you focus through your veil of past troubles, you attract more of them. Seeing through the dark veil of the past blocks your clear view of the here and now, and stops you from getting the great love you deserve now. How do you let go of this old veil that blocks new love? How To Become A Date Whisperer
You choose to see each past trauma as a fluffy cumulus cloud. If you try to cling to it, it eludes your grasp. If you dive into it, can it hold you? Of course, not. So, you let go of it's hold on you when you see a dark cloud as a fleeting blip that passes through your blue skies. When you see and savor blue skies in the present moment, you welcome each new experience, leap over obstacles, expect even better things ahead and attract a date who shares your view.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- What's The Secret To Successful Online Dating? VIDEO
- Online Dating Red Flags To Watch Out For!
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.