For everyone who keeps asking themselves, "Does he like me?"
One of the seemingly most common trip-ups in dating is that the two people in the so-called relationship have differing opinions about what kind of relationship they're in. Invariably, someone's feelings get hurt because expectations are different from what is actually being delivered.
She thinks they're boyfriend and girlfriend, and he thinks they're just "friends," with a really loose definition of what a friend is. This happens a lot. Here's a way to make it happen less, a way to stop wondering, Does he like me?
1. He holds your hand in public.
A public display of affection is a sweet way to connect you two. Holding hands is actually more of a commitment than, say, kissing, because a kiss can be driven by other needs. A kiss doesn't "claim" you.
2. He's usually where he says he's going to be.
This is easy. He's not hiding from you.
3. He introduces you to his friends and family, and they already know about you.
He's not keeping you hidden. Him talking about you is a sign that you matter.
4. You have a title.
He refers to you as "my girlfriend" or another term of endearment. If you're just Shirley (or whatever your name is), then who are you? What do you represent? If you don't have a title, your relationship is a different one than you think it is.
5. He doesn't just come over late and leave early.
Again, another easy one. If his visits are primarily booty calls, that's a problem.
6. His Saturday night belongs to you.
Saturday night is date night for people in a relationship. If he's not with you, where is he?
7. You have more than just his cell number.
He who has nothing to hide, hides nothing. You should have all his numbers: home, cell, work, and whatever else he has.
8. You spend time at his place, including overnight.
If you're not spending the night there, who is?
9. If he has a landline at home, he answers it when it rings while you're there.
Again, nothing to hide, right? No concerns about another "chick with expectations" calling.
10. He calls you more than he texts.
If this isn't happening, he's just having fun with you.