Embrace his timeless message of peace and love.
As a humble Baptist minister from Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. King preached about the power of love, and his voice inspired a generation to fight, nonviolently, for equal rights for all Americans.
Fifty years after he stood before the sprawling steps of the Lincoln Memorial and gave his historic "I Have a Dream" speech, Dr. King's words are just as relevant and impactful as they were during the Civil Rights Movement.
Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day every day with these — his best quotes about love.
1. "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend."
2. "Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that."
3. "I have a dream that one day, little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls."
4. "We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but we have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers."
5. "If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way."
6. "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?"
7. "Let no man pull you low enough to hate him."
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.