Turning 49 on Thursday, January 17, the most stylish political figure yet is most likely going out to dinner with the family to celebrate, as they do every year. However, after dinner, will she have a romantic night with the man she loves?
1. "I want the young people to pay attention because, see, back when I first met Barack, we started dating, he had everything going for him. All right, ladies, listen to this. This is what I want you to be looking for. Yes, he was handsome—still is. I think so. He was charming, talented, and oh-so smart, truly. But that is not why I married him. Now, see, I want the fellas to pay attention to this. You all listening? What truly made me fall in love with Barack Obama was his character. You hear me? It was his character. It was his decency, his honesty, his compassion and conviction." -At a speech at Morgan State University in Maryland
3. "I can never tell, but I'm always primed just in case he is, so I'm perched. I'm looking at him, I'm smiling. I assume that he can make sure that I'm always giving him that positive love." -On whether or not he is going to look over at her during the debates.
4. "He was able to articulate a vision that resonated with people, that was real. And right then and there, I decided this guy was special. The authenticity you see is real, and that’s why I fell in love with him." -On after seeing him "in action" publically speaking.
5. "One of the things that attracted me to Barack was his emotional honesty. Right off the bat he said what he felt. There are no games with him—he is who he appears to be. I feel fortunate as a woman to have a husband who loves me and shows me in every way. So yes, I do know that. And now he'll know I know." -in an interview with Prevention.
Tell us: which quote is your favorite?
More juicy content from YourTango:
- 10 Unmistakable Ways To Know He's Head-Over-Heels For You
- 5 Ways To STOP Complaining And Appreciate The Life You Have
- 20 Romantic Ways To Say 'I Love You'
Photo Credit: Getty