10 vitamins and minerals you need to rev up your sex drive!
Your sexual intimacy is tied to your health. If you feel run-down, tired and moody, you may need to reassess what you are eating and putting into your body. The better you take care of your body the happier your body is going to be. The happier you are, the more you will desire sex with your spouse.
Are you getting the vitamins and minerals needed to rev your sex drive? These 10 vitamins and minerals are sure to help you get your libido moving in the right direction:
1. Vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for both male and female sex hormone production
2. Vitamin B3. Vitamin B3 increases blood flow to your genitals and intensify your orgasm.
3. Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is a libido enhancer because it helps in controlling elevated prolactin.
4. Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 heightens your sex drive, which enhances penile erection by enlarging blood vessels.
5. Vitamin C. Vitamin C is important for the synthesis of hormones that are involved in your sexuality, fertility, and aiding you to get turned on.
6. Vitamin E. Vitamin E is considered the "Sex Vitamin." It increases blood flow and oxygen to your genitalia, as well as a key player in the production of sex hormones.
7. Folic Acid. Folic Acid is a key vitamin when it comes to reproduction.
8. Magnesium. Magnesium has aphrodisiac effects, which can improve your libido and sexual performance.
9. Selenium. Selenium is essential for your virility.
10. Zinc. Zinc is responsible for healthy testosterone levels in both men and women and important to a healthy sex drive.
Learn about all the fruits, vegetables, meats, poultry, fish, nuts, and more that will jump start your sex drive.
More sex advice from YourTango:
- 17 Sex Positions Men Love MOST
- Sex Video: Can A Couple Be Happy Without Sex?
- I Went Undercover To See If A Girl Could Get Happy Ending Massage