Change your thinking; change your life.
How can "using or applying" the Law of Attraction in your favor help when job hunting? How can you get yourself into alignment with something that has such a strong element of fear associated with it?
It's all about what you choose to think.
I received an email for one of our Your Tango family members regarding finding work. Here's what she wrote:
I am currently job searching and would like to ask you how to be in a vibrational match with ‘having’ a job rather than ‘wanting’ one? I have been applying and even going for interviews and trying my best to stay positive but I know that I am not in the exact vibration to get the particular job I want. Would love it if you could give me some useful tips.
Thank you in advance,
When we talk about job hunting and The Law of Attraction, there are actually two elements to this situation that we need to look at:
- Your beliefs about getting the job.
- The real reason you want the job.
What is it that you really want?
As with anything else that we want in life, it’s not about the thing itself, but rather about the feeling that we associate with having the thing. It’s not the job that’s the important thing here, it’s the feeling you associate with having that job.
So, the first thing to do is to figure out what it is, exactly, that having the job would mean to you:
- Is it security?
- Is it freedom?
- Is it fun?
Figure out what that underlying feeling is and focus on that.
If you realize that having a job would satisfy your need for security and freedom, the next step is to find ways to feel those things now, in any way that you can. You could go out and do things that generate those same feelings.
If curling up on the couch with your cat, a cup of tea, and a good book makes you feel cozy and secure, then make sure to take the time to do that as often as possible. If sleeping in the buff makes you feel free rather than freezing, then go ahead and be free!
Find as many ways as you can to let yourself feel the same feelings right now that you think you would feel when you have the job.
What are your beliefs about the job?
Remember that your dominant energy pattern — what you send out into the Universe — is what comes back to you. So, if you’re desperately looking for a job, that’s probably not helping.
Desperate is an energy signature and not a particularly helpful one as it’s just going to result in the Universe mirroring situations that cause you to feel desperation right back to you. Believe that you will find the perfect job at the perfect time.
Ask yourself: Do I believe that I will find the perfect job for me? Do I believe that I deserve to have the perfect job?
If the answer to these questions isn’t a resounding "Hell yes!", then you need to focus on your vibe. If you doubt that you’ll get the job or you doubt that you deserve to get the job, then this is what you’re sending out and what will return to you.
Also, to keep in mind with this one is to watch how you’re speaking. If you find yourself frequently talking about how bad the economy is or how hard it is to find a job, then this is an indication of limiting beliefs that you have that are likely affecting your alignment with finding that perfect job.
Pay attention to your words for the next few days. If you find yourself saying a lot of negative stuff like this, make it a point to stop, and then shift those thoughts around "I know the economy is improving. Markets go down sometimes, but they always come back up again" or "I know I’m doing a great job finding my perfect job, and I know that I will find it soon".
Above all, remember that you completely deserve to have the perfect job for you, and you will find it!
Once you’ve figured out your "why" behind wanting the job, and you’ve worked on any limiting beliefs you might have, the next step is to work out a strategy for keeping yourself aligned with your goal of getting that awesome job.
Here are three strategies on how to find a job by using the law of attraction:
1. Picture yourself in the job.
Create a vision board of what it would be like to be working in the job. Add pictures of the company logo, the outfits you would be wearing, decorations that you’re going to put in your workspace, the bag you’re going to carry your lunch in, or even the restaurants you’re going to eat at with your colleagues.
Add anything and everything that helps you feel like you’re already doing that job. Also, take five minutes a day to visualize yourself in the job you want — really see and feel yourself in that job doing all the things you would be doing.
2. Act as if you already have the job.
Go shopping for work outfits. You don’t have to actually buy anything yet if you really don’t have the money, but go try things on. Go check out the area around the building you’re going to be working in, get familiar with it, and figure out where the best place for coffee or lunch is. Create a Pinterest board for all the things you’re going to buy with the money you’ll be making.
With everything you do, ask yourself how a woman who had this job would do it. How would a woman doing this job get her hair cut? How would a woman who had this job drive this car? How would she answer the phone? What would she order for dinner? How would she fold this laundry?
Make a game out of it! It’s a really fun way to get yourself thinking and acting as if you already had the job, without spending a lot of money!
3. Express your gratitude for getting the job.
Remember, you’re working on putting out the vibe that this is a done deal, so be sure to thank the Universe for this wonderful job that you now have. Really feel it. By putting that energy of gratitude out there, the Universe mirrors back more things for you to be grateful for!
4. Use positive "I am" positive affirmations.
Although education, experience, and opportunity are all necessary attributes that may get you an interview, they will not necessarily get you hired. It is your mindset, attitude, and self-belief or worth that will get you the position. You can develop this mindset yourself by using the power of "I Am" affirmations.
Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat aloud on a daily basis with the aim of changing the way you think. They are used by 99 percent of people who have achieved their dream career and you too can achieve the career of your dreams by using the following affirmations:
- I am worthy of enjoying a job or career that I love.
- I naturally attract job opportunities.
- I am becoming more confident every day.
- I am blessed with all the skills and inspiration I need to get my dream job.
- I am very aware that having my dream job is my natural right.
- I am aware of my strong points, and I am excited to promote them.
- I am an important asset to have around.
- I always "dressed for success!"
- I am always interacting with others in a way that sells my strong points and earns their respect.
- I am unique in my talents, and I use that uniqueness to help myself stand out.
- I am always blessed with having interesting and exciting ideas.
- I am always using my creative side to think outside of the box and come up with original ideas.
- I am friendly and outgoing.
- I am always keeping my body language open, with my arms uncrossed, to encourage people to like and trust me.
- I am happy and my genuine smile helps people trust me more.
- I am confident and have a clear vision of where I am going in life, and I can explain that vision to anyone.
- I am straightforward and honest when I speak to people.
- I am putting out a vibe that I am a conscientious worker that others pick up on
- I am aware of my words and only talk in a positive way about myself.
- I am always focused on the task at hand and always maintain eye contact and smile often to show that I am sincere and engaged.
- I am always open to opportunities to acquire my dream job.
- I am always leaving people wanting to work with me.
- I am confident in myself and my abilities to perform my dream job.
- I am happy and excited to start my new career.
- I AM HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you’re new to all of this, it might take a little while to get yourself into the swing of things. Don’t give up. If you find yourself slipping into negative thought habits occasionally, that’s OK — just be gentle with yourself.
Take the time to refocus and get back on track and your energy and alignment will start to shift. It gets easier with practice. And before you know it, you’ll be in that fabulous new job of yours, all thanks to your awesome job hunting using your Law of Attraction skills and savvy!
Remember: "We are and attract into our lives what we choose to think, say, and believe about ourselves and our perceived reality."
RJ Banks is the author of the best-selling book "The Power of I AM and the Law of Attraction" and the popular audio affirmations programs available at LOA Affirmations including a FREE Audio MP3 download of your 2017 New Year Affirmations. Follow us on Facebook.