You only get 7 seconds, so try these 6 tips!
You know the saying: You never get a second chance to make a first impression. These words speak volumes and are absolutely true. Be it a business or social situation, we are judged by the way we look in a blink of an eye ... well, actually less than seven seconds, which is not much time at all, and certainly not enough time for our marvelous qualities to shine through.
If you blow this opportunity, you may never recover because your viewers don't realize they've judged you. Rather, they believe what they think is true, and that's hard to dislodge. Rest assured — you don't need to 'smoke' your credit card and show up wearing the latest designer clothing. What you do need to do is convey an air of confidence and look really great in what you do have. 15 Ways Your Low Self-Esteem Is DESTROYING Your Relationship
You can look fabulous no matter your shape, size or budget by wearing clothing that fits and flatters you, is classic and well put together. Follow these six tips to make a strong first impression.
1. Prepare your outfit. Just a bit of thought and preparation helps. Know the event and type of clothes you are expected to wear. Formal? Semi-formal? Upscale casual? This is the time to conform.
Look in the mirror and make sure everything fits properly. Clothes too big? Don't do it. You'll look frumpy, not thin. Too tight? You'll look heavier than you are. Go for the right fit, and don't buy that jacket that's too tight just because it's on sale. It's a waste. Bad Body Image? 15 Ways To Improve Your Self-Esteem
2. Think head to toe. From hair to footwear, you're all one package. Yes, like it or not, shoes are as critical as grooming. Don't leave any details to chance or think they won't be noticed. They will.
4. Bring an appropriate handbag. Whether you carry a wallet, purse or satchel, all of these items must be in tip-top shape. A wallet bulging with receipts is a first-impression killer. If you're at a cocktail party, be sure you don't have to juggle an awkward 'suitcase size' handbag with your martini.
More confidence advice from YourTango:
- 3 Simple Steps To Improve Your Self-Confidence
- How to Date With Confidence
- Are Breasts The Source Of Self-Confidence?