NEED HELP?Find an Expert
Larry Cappel (LMFT,MA,MFT)
- Is life difficult for you right now?
- Do you feel stuck in a routine that no longer works?
- Are you unable to creatively find your way out of your situation?
I'm an educator. The subject I teach how is:
Living in the world on the world's terms with balance, calm, patience and serenity.
Hi! I'm Larry Cappel and I am a Colorado and California licensed psychotherapist, as well as a life coach and spiritual teacher in the Buddhist tradition. I am a certified community dharma leader and and am currently finishing a Master’s of Divinity degree.
In my work with you, I help you to nuture your own inner creativity and fully realize your potential and find the true meaning of your life.
My passion is to help people who find themselves:
- In relationship crisis due to affiars, divorce, growing apart, death, or other loss
- Struggling with anxiety, depression, mood and stress
- As adults with ADHD
- As a dsenfranchised person, especially gay men and their allies
- Coming Out of any and all "closests of hiding" from your true self.
The Reason I Became A Helping Professional
My own life story starts growing up in a small town in South Dakota:
- a gay child living in a world where there was no word and no role models for people like me and what I felt.
- feeling alone, misunderstood and unimportant.
- pretending to be what the adults in my life wanted me to be, “straight-acting,” in order to get their approval and protection
- leading to self-hatred, drinking, partying, and an eventual marriage that couldn’t last
- in an effort to try (and continually fail) to fit in and not feel the pain of my exclusion from the dominant culture of heterosexual men and women
- I was a classic under-achiever.
I eventually switched from underachieving to overachieving, graduating from business school Beta Gamma Sigma and with high honors. From there I was off to corporate america where I continued to excel. Funny thing was that none of it made me feel successful or happy.
I eventually found a psychotherapist and spiritual teacher who helped me to heal my wounded heart. That experience lead me to study the healing arts in order to give back what I had learned from my teachers.
I left Corporate America, studied psychology and spirituality, including somatic (body-centered) psychology, great for working with stress and anxiety, and gender and sexuality for LGBT issues. I also studied Buddhist philosophy and the cultural differences between western and eastern societies.
Between $81-120 per session