Read on to become an expert at flirting and become a self-assured woman.
"Why don't you come up sometime and see me?" Did Mae West brazenly utter those words? Gasp! Countless articles have been written on the rules of dating and she probably broke every one of those rules with that flirtatious question. Was she too bold? Too aggressive? Doesn't she know how to play the game?
Flirting has somehow become wrong. It has become a lost art.
Why is mastering the skill of flirting a good thing if you're trying to get a date? The answer: Because men like confident women! This is the most common theme younger men say attracts them to older women. They're tired of always being the aggressors. They like women who are self-assured and know what they want. Flirting isn't easy but the rewards are great.
The act of flirting can dramatically increase your chances of getting asked out on a date. At the very least, if the guy you've flirted with isn't available, he'll still find you entertaining and remember you in the future.
I once flirted with a gorgeous guy who turned out to married. At the end of the evening, he asked if I'd consider dating his best friend who had just finalized his divorce. Flirting is a great opportunity to let your personality shine through. Here are 10 steps to becoming an expert flirt:
1. Say hello to a stranger every day. This may seem easy but it can be quite intimidating. The exercise of smiling, making eye contact and greeting a total stranger may seem completely foreign to someone who hasn't done this in the past. Ever since learning about "Stranger Danger" in grade school, we were taught not to make contact with strangers. The simple act of saying hello to new people will brighten your day and those you greet.
2. Give lots of compliments. Compliment a co-worker, friend or stranger by saying something unexpected and nice. If you aren't able to leave your home, try saying a positive statement to someone on the phone. This is a good practice technique, which may yield a side benefit of getting your cell phone bill lowered since you were so sweet. Watch and listen to the reaction you receive from that person. Keep reading ...
More flirting advice from YourTango:
- 5 Must-Know Flirting Techniques That NO Man Can Resist
- 7 Flirting Mistakes Women Make
- Which Flirting Style Is Best For You?