Seven tips to give your toddler the royal treatment.
Kate Middleton is pregnant with the heir apparent to the throne of England. Bringing up baby to the manor born stirs up fairytales of happily every after and raising a blue blood. Here are some ideas to give your little one the royal advantage in life and love:
1. Safety. A prince and princess in the making need to know they are always safe to express, explore and make mistakes without ridicule, anger, fear or punishment. A future queen must rule with trust. Trusting herself because her needs are met means she will never rule in fear.
2. Confidence. To be royal means having complete confidence in your ability to make decisions and share with abundance. Ensure you child is encouraged to do things for himself, fall off the pony and get back on. Don't mock or belittle fears or tears. Acknowledge what comes up and support him getting back on that horse, doing it again until challenges are conquered. No one is born knowing how to do everything but a royal parent encourages self mastery through example and trust.
3. Resilience. Riding the carriage on parade day is more than looking pretty with a crown. Being receptive and pleasant demands physical and emotional strength that could include practicing in the pouring rain for hours on end. Fostering a leader requires firmness and a can-do attitude and mindset from both of you.
4. Truth. Majestic behaviour is demanding. The best way to survive with grace is to foster honesty in the family. Be okay with hearing things from your children that make you squirm. Model and teach your children to speak from their own experience and not from judgement. Shutting up little ones encourages hiding, pretending and people pleasing that destroy nobility in most. Continue reading ...
More love advice from YourTango Experts:
- 5 Ways To STOP Complaining And Appreciate The Life You Have
- 20 Crazy-Romantic, Creative Ways To Say 'I Love You'
- 10 Unmistakable Ways To Know He's Head-Over-Heels For You