If you've been passing over the nerds in your life, you may be missing out on The One.
Smart guys sometimes seem to get a bad rap. Their level of intelligence may make them appear to be pompous or they can even come across as standoffish. Or, because they have a linear train of thought, they may not have much to contribute to a conversation that is not of interest to them. These brainiacs are often misunderstood and just like other singles, they are looking for someone to date.
Before you dismiss these types as incompatible or not your type, add these types to the list of guys to date while searching for The One:
1. The Wine Snob Foodie. This guy is going to take you to the best restaurants, wine tastings and may even book you tickets on The Top Chef cruise. He knows the perfect Bordeaux to order with dinner, the best Zagat-rated restaurants and the names of all the James Beard winners for the year.
He will provide you the greatest culinary experiences and show you a world that often is limited to a chosen few. He can educate you on differences between farm to table or local, organic versus natural and how sparkling wines simply do not compare to champagne. He may be overly opinionated or slightly pretentious but you will never go hungry with him around.
2. The Bookworm. The first date might be for coffee at Barnes and Noble. The second may be a live reading from the latest author on the New York Times Bestselling List. He is protective over his Kindle and prides himself on his extensive in home library. Not limited to one subject, his range of interest varies from classical fiction to literary trilogies.
He speaks about characters in novels as if they are family members. He's never short on conversation because the latest book he's reading serves as his topic of the moment. You may not always know what he's talking about but Spark Notes and Google will get you through. You can always suggest watching the movie version to compliment his literary fascination. Keep reading ...
More dating advice from YourTango:
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating
- Ladies, You Need To Watch Out For These Online Dating Red Flags