- He keeps the lady in waiting. Showing up extremely late, failing to properly cancel plans and not responding to texts or emails during conversation are signs of a blow off. Your time is not important to him because he knows he can see you anytime he wants.
- Wandering eyes so he can see. Does an attractive girl come in his line of vision and he loses focus on you to focus on her? Does he distance himself from you when you are together if there are pretty girls around? These could be signs that he wants to appear unattached and available. If he is busy shopping for his 'next' while he is with you, let him go.
- Flirtatious and friendly. Although this can be a harmless personality trait in some, a player doesn't know how to control it. Flirting is his second language. He calls the lady at check out "Hon", the hostess at the restaurant "Sweetie", the cute bartender is his new best friend and the girl in the short workout outfit is suddenly his new spotting partner. Every woman he encounters has potential, in some way or another.
- Communication is hit or miss. One day you are texting every two minutes, the next two days you don't hear from him. If there is inconsistancy with your pattern of talking which is not explained by work or other obligations, chances are he sees his connection with you like a library book. He can check in or out as necessary.
- Your relationship is strictly private. You have seen every movie on RedBox but you have never seen a movie in a theater. You have tried every take out menu in a ten block radius, but you have never been taken out for dinner. If you spend more time indoors than outdoors (and not for the good reasons), he may be keeping you inside, as a chick on the side.
- Late night dates. Does Mr. Tall Dark & Handsome only seem to know your number after 2 am? Does he text you before he's heading out on a guys night out and tell you he wants to stop by after? Flattering as it may be that he wants to end his night with you, a booty call is what it looks like.
- No photos allowed. If he shys away from taking a picture with you, there's a reason. Unless he is a vampire and doesn't show up on film, no photos allowed can mean he doesn't want to be immortalized with you.
- His friends remain nameless. When talking about his friends, if they are referred to as "the guys", "my boys" or "homies" - either he has horrible name recognition skills or he doesn't want to let you get to close to knowing more abut his private life.
- No socializing allowed. Facebook account - private. Twitter account - private. Your requests to be added. DENIED.
"Over drinks at a bar my date revealed many interesting details about himself. He used to live on 'the streets.' He claimed to have 'beat Spina Bifida.' He had had a fiancé in Japan who was open to him dating women while he was in the States. After all those amazing revelations I let him know our relationship would not be romantic. As we walked out of the bar he appeared to be suffering from some sort of stomach cramp. He told me he suffered from severe IBS and desperately needed a private bathroom. I have family members who suffer from Crohn's disease so I felt very sympathetic to his situation. I offered to let him use the bathroom in my apartment. After he had finished using the bathroom, he says, 'I know you said we could just be friends and that's fine. But, I was wondering if I could just watch you pee before I leave. I only want to watch.' P.S. — I did not let him watch me pee." -Miranda, 33
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do