Unlucky in love? There are some mistakes you could be making.
Many singles have a lot of misconceptions about how online dating works. As a dating coach for women over 40, I have come up with the most frequent mistaken ideas that need to be dispelled. Once you have a more accurate understanding of how the process works, your chances to connect will improve dramatically!
1. The steps required to find love online are not obvious. Most women think they already know everything needed to find love online, but that's not often true. Assumptions cause daters to become disillusioned quickly. Take time to learn what works because online dating does require some skill to have good experiences.
2. There are so many choices that you can afford to be picky. Yes, there are millions of singles online and yet, I've had clients who viewed 5,000 profiles and couldn't find more than five decent men to contact. It's easy to disqualify men quickly. But, to find love, say yes to more men and actually meet them because dating is a numbers game. The more men you meet, the better your chances will be of finding a good match.
3. Your profile should say everything there is about you. This big misconception leads women to write long and boring profiles that men do not read. Your online dating profile is not your resume. It's a form of advertising meant to capture a man's attention so he emails you. You can fill him in about the rest later as you get to know each other. Keep reading...
More online dating advice from YourTango:
- 5 Important Tips For Online Dating Success
- 3 Essential Tips For Online Dating
- Online Dating Tips for Single Men