Whether you know it or not, your body is communicating before you utter a word. If you are single, working on your body language is a smart strategy to improve your dating results. Why? Because when you flirt, you are relying on body language to convey your openness and approachability.
As human beings, we naturally pick up more information and make judgments based on reading body language. So, make sure yours is conveying what you really want to say and telling a friendly story. 11 Dos & 9 Don'ts Of Online Dating: Photo Edition
More from YourTango: Millionaire Matchmaker Dating Advice: No Sex Until Monogamy?
It's really no secret that men don't enjoy being rejected. Women don't like it either! (Who would?) So, if you are a single woman looking for love with the right man, make it your main objective to look friendly and interested. It's so much easier than you think!
Here are some body language tips for using your body to communicate from a distance:
- Smile! It makes you look pretty.
- Primp. Play with your hair and smooth your clothing as if to say "Look at me! I'm ready for male attention."
- Stand tall. Good posture makes you look confident, and men love a confident woman.
- Glance. Enjoy brief eye contact with a man before slowly looking away.
- Expose. Show off your wrists and neck because they are traditional erogenous zones.
- Tilt. Tilt your head because this sends the message you are interested.
Here are some body language tips for using your body to communicate from close-up:
More from YourTango: The Best Dating Advice to Find Love After 50
- Nod. When he's talking, look interested in what he is saying.
- Touch. Touch him lightly on his arm or shoulder to make a point, but don't linger.
- Whisper. Get close to whisper something, then pull away, look him in the eyes briefly and smile. Single? 10 Ways To Boost Your Self-Confidence
Now, here are some gestures you should always try to avoid:
- Crossed arms or legs. Don't cross your arms in front of your body or stand with your legs crossed as this signals you are not approachable.
- Slouching. Poor posture and slouching shoulders demonstrates low self-esteem, which is the opposite of what most men want.
- Hidden hands. Hands in your pockets means you might be hiding something.
- Nose touching. Don't touch your nose. It's the telltale sign of a liar!
- Too close. Don't invade his personal space before you know he is interested, so he doesn't feel crowded.
More dating advice from YourTango: