Want the guys to come flocking? Just do the following...
You want to meet some guys. So you spend 2 hours perfecting your hair and make up, throw on you're hippest skinny jeans, platform pumps, and the flahiest shirt in your closet. You go out to a bar, buy a pair of vodka sodas, settle into a corner table with your girlfriend and wait….
But no guys approach. You know why? Because if you really want to get hit on, that’s not the way to do it, this is:
1. Have fun. There’s nothing more attractive to a guy than a girl who’s just fun to be around. When you’re out a bar, be the life of the party. Goof off, laugh, throw straw wrappers at each other, and just have fun with your friends and enjoy their company. Not only will guys want to approach you, they’ll be less intimidated because you’ll like a fun, sweet, approachable girl.
2. Move around. Think about it. How scary is it for a guy to approach a table of girls sitting down who look like they want to keep to themselves. That type of situation screams “strike out,” and believe it or not, guys are pretty sensitive about that. (Trust me on this...I interviewed over 1,000 of them!) Instead of sitting down at a table, stand in the bar area, or dance around a little bit if there is music playing. Show guys that you are at the bar to meet people, not to keep to yourself.
3. Smile. The stress of your everyday life can quite literally wear itself on your face. If things are tense at work, at home, or in any other area of your life, chances are your resting facial expression is somewhere between “I want to kill you” and “I want to kill myself.” Make a constant effort to smile as you go about your day (whether in a bar or not). Smiling makes you look like a friendly girl who would be nice to talk to. Exactly the kind of non-threatening vibe you should be giving off in order to get hit on.
4. Dress Down. It may seem counter intuitive to dress down when you go out. But sometimes, being the girl in the cute T-shirt makes you stand out more from the rest of the crowd. If you look around a bar, most girls are dressed pretty much the same way: tight jeans tucked into boots with a bright top that may or my not involve sequins, zippers, sashes, or other types of flair. Not that you should go out in your gym clothes, but wearing minimal make up and simple clothes can make you look down to earth, comfortable in your own skin, and low maintenance.
5. Make Eye Contact. If you’ve spotted a hottie and want to lure him over, nothing says “come hither” like a little eye contact. The key is to make eye contact, and hold it until it starts to make you feel a little uncomfortable, hold it for one more second…then look away. Some girls prefer the “look, look-linger” method. Make eye contact for a second, look away, then look back at him and hold it. Making eyes at him gives him permission to make a move on you.
There’s a reason that when it rains it pours, and when you’re not looking you find someone. The reason is when you’re out and about, just trying to have a good time, and are genuinely having fun—you radiate. You look like the type of girl that’s fun to be with, independent, and not trying to hard to impress anyone. You look like the type of girl that makes guys wonder: “Sooo….you come here often?”
Want to know more about guys? Check out Amber's new book Are All Guys Assholes? based on interviews with over 1,000 guys across the US.