50 Things You Should Try For Hotter Sex
ProConnect

5 Foods for Better Taste... Below the Waist

By

5 Foods for Better Taste... Below the Waist
These foods are believed to make oral sex better for both men and women.

This article was written by Chiara Laurie for Kinkly.com.

Have you ever had a sexual partner go down on you, only to emerge from under the sheets five seconds later, gasping for air?

OK, so maybe that’s a bit dramatic ... and if anyone's actually done that to you - well, you might just be sleeping with an insensitive jerk.

More from YourTango: Bondage With Benefits: What I Learned From BDSM

But let’s be honest: Genitals don’t taste like candy. The vagina has been described as having a metallic, sweet, spicy, or bitter taste to it. The taste of semen has been commonly described as bitter or salty. And while a partner who's sexually attracted to you is more likely to be attracted to your own personal brand, keeping things fresh down there is kinda like using breath mints - not necessary, but nice.

A Slice of Ladyhood
Many different factors contribute to the way your vagina tastes: your sweat, the breathability of your underwear, the laundry detergent you use, how clean you keep things down there, and what you eat. Of course, good hygiene is just a matter of sexual etiquette, but if you have a hunch that your partner would rather slurp down a foie gras smoothie than to eat you out, try modifying your diet. (Learn more about your ladybits in 10 Things You Don't Know About Vaginas.)

Manly Tidbits
Here's a fun penis fact: Semen contains only 1 percent sperm. The remaining 99 percent is composed of proteins, vitamins, sugars, salts, cholesterol and water used to protect, feed and fuel the sperm. That’s the reason why diet can have such an impact on how semen tastes. So, while good hygiene will certainly improve the overall oral experience for a guy's partner, it won't make the result any more palatable. What a man eats, however, might. (Learn more about man's best friend in 10 Things You Don't Know About Penises.)

So let's take a look at some of the foods that are believed to have an effect on how we taste below the waist.

More from YourTango: The Long and Short of Buying Your First Dildo

Pineapple

Pineapple Upside Down ... Cupcake
The vagina is acidic. Pineapple, as well as other citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruit, helps to balance its delicate PH balance and add a bit of sweetness to those secretions. (Get yourself a pineapple and go to town with 8 Steps to Giving a Woman Amazing Oral Sex.)

Penis-Colada
The PH balance of semen is alkaline, so eating acidic fruits will help make it taste sweeter. Because pineapple has more acidity than other citrus fruits, it works the best out of all of them.

Share this with someone you love (or even like a lot)!

Let's make it
FB official
Recent Expert Posts
Staying Dry

Letting Go Is Hard To Do

Healing your heart after divorce or loss of a spouse is worth the effort. Letting go is hard to do.

cozy up

Showing Love Through Touch

Touch is so incredibly important in relationships.

happiest

Listen Up, Darling: A Sex Kitten Is Never Hangry or Tired

Recently I shared eight surprising traits of a sex kitten. Each of those traits are ones that ...

Ask The Experts

Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.

Resources
How to find the right pro for you
10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts

10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts

YourTango Experts can help your business go from good to great.

10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business

Take your coaching business from mediocre to great in no time…

Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts

Thinking of joining? Here's all the facts you need to know to make the most of your membership.

Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session

So how can your get your strong, self-reliant, superman to talk to an Expert with you?

Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do

What exactly does a therapist/counselor do and can they really help?

See more resources>
HOT STUFF!
FROM OUR PARTNERS