Words don't have to be his strong suit.
It's really easy to say "I love you".
After all, it's just three little words, and saying them doesn't exactly summon earthquakes and fire-breathing dragons, right?
So why is saying "I love you" so hard for the men in our lives to do?
It's because we put so much weight on the words. "I love you" is supposed to express a sentiment that means so much more than words could ever communicate.
A guy could say "I love you" ten times a day, but it would mean nothing at all if he doesn't treat you like he cares.
Here are 31 times the man in your life is telling you he loves you without actually saying those three (oh so terrifying) little words.
1. He texts you a cat meme.
2. He brings you coffee first thing in the morning.
3. He gives you a pet name.
4. He smiles at you while you're talking a blue streak about nothing at all.
5. He's happy just to sit with you and say nothing at all.
6. He tells you what he's afraid of most in the world.
7. He says you're his best friend.
8. He laughs at your farts without shame or fear.
9. He takes you for granted.
10. He hugs you in the middle of a stupid fight and it makes everything okay.
11. He lets you pick the radio station on a long drive.
12. He agrees to take swing dancing lessons.
13. He talks to you in his sleep.
14. He can't cook, but he makes you dinner anyway.
15. He shows you embarrassing childhood photos
16. He says you look beautiful without makeup on.
17. He wakes you up early because he wants to be with you.
18. He lets you sleep in because he knows when you wake up you have to leave.
19. He doesn't say a word when you're a PMS-ing bitch.
20. He goes to see the new Bridget Jones movie with you.
21. He hates fish, but he goes for sushi because he knows you love it.
22. He changes that one light bulb you can't reach.
23. He plays with your dog.
24. He tolerates your cat (and the cat tolerates him back).
25. He pretends your best friend's baby doesn't terrify him.
26. He gives you the perfect foot rub.
27. He kisses the top of your head.
28. He stares at you for no particular reason with a smile in his eyes.
29. He makes you laugh so hard it feels like you're going to pop.
30. He pushes you outside of your comfort zone.
31. He lets you push back when your comfort zone is so much nicer than camping in 20-degree weather.