Kill two birds with one stone!
We have a constant love/hate relationship with the gym. We drag ourselves to our workout, looking for any excuse possible not to go – only to be so glad we invested the time once we’re done. Our gym stretches are about more than fitness, though. We chatted with a fitness expert, a sexpert, and an award-winning adult star, who all agreed that gym stretches are directly related to being fabulous in bed! Behold ... your newest sex positions! (You're welcome.)
1. Lying Waist Twist
1. Lying Waist Twist. Lying on your back, extend your arms at the sides. “While engaging your core, cross your right knee over toward the floor on your left side. Keep the left knee slightly bent and push your right knee toward the floor while pushing your right hip forward,” says fitness expert Nadia Murdock. This move works in bed, too! Have your partner penetrate you from behind when lying on either side. Hold for 2 breaths and slowly release, repeat on the opposite side.
3. Feet Over Head
3. Feet Over Head. Not only is this stretch great but it can totally be brought into the bedroom, too! “Lie on your back, bend your knees toward you with a controlled movement (using your abdominal muscles), and bring your feet up and over your head until your toes touch the floor behind you. You will feel the stretch in your back,” says Murdock. While your feet are overhead have your partner penetrate you from the front while they are on their knees or in a crouching position. Hold the position for 2 breaths and then slowly roll down bringing your feet back to the floor.
5. The Reclined Twist
5. The Reclined Twist. You lie on your back with your arms outstretched and legs together out to one side to form a 90-degree angle with your upper body, says Dr. Jess. He gets on his knees and slides inside for deep penetration.
6. The Fish
6. The Fish. Not only does this stretch feel good but it looks pretty sexy too! “Lie on your back with your knees slightly bent and feet flat on the ground. With your arms at your side press your elbows into the ground. Pull your navel into your spine and arch your back upward. Keep the top of your head on the floor and chin pointing upward. You will feel this stretch in the chest,” says Murdock. Take this move into the bedroom by having our partner mount you on top while you’re in the fish position.
7. Reverse Plank
7. Reverse Plank. Tone your pelvic floor and your abs by doing a plan with your back facing the ground, says Dr. Jess. This core exercise doubles as the perfect bottom-position.
8. Seated Spread-Leg Stretch
8. Seated Spread-Leg Stretch. Done repeatedly, this is great for more flexibility in bed, says Drake. “When you reach your limit, pause, take a few deep breaths, and lean forward, taking it a little further,” Drake says.
9. Child's Pose
9. Child's Pose. This may be the most basic of yoga stretches, but there’s nothing basic about in bed! “Shallow penetration may be just what you need to reach the big Ohhh. After all, your orgasmic platform and the greatest density of nerve endings are in the outer third of your vagina!” says Dr. Jess.