For a lot of American women, the idea of an uncircumcised penis is repulsive. (Sorry, guys!) It's not that we're against a penis that rocks a turtleneck, but it's just something we're not accustomed to. You can't be mad at us if we recoil in fear and confusion during sex when face-to-face with an uncut member! It's not our fault, we're American!
In fact, a study from the adult store, Adam And Eve, says 54 percent of women prefer circumcised penises — and 33 percent have no preference.
In most of the world, circumcision, aside from religious purposes, is not a common practice.
But, for many American women and gay men, the intact penis wasn't something we even knew existed until we did a semester abroad and happened to hook up with some hot foreigner.
Then we're all, "What is this? Why do you have all this extra skin down here?" (At least that was my experience, the first time I saw one.)
But because it is something that a lot of us don't see that often, opinions on circumcised versus uncircumcised vary.
As my friend Spencer said, "I equate it to stick shift and automatic: One is easier to use, but once you learn the other, it's more fun to drive and you have more control over the vehicle."
No truer words have ever been uttered when it comes to the foreskin debate.
So, how do women really feel about uncircumcised/intact penises?
1. Uncircumcised penises are not so easy on the eyes, but they make giving handjobs a piece of cake.
- "My longtime ex was uncircumcised, and it was fine (although his penis was on the small side, so I imagine a bigger uncircumcised one would be even more fine.) Pros: They are easier to jerk off. Cons: There was definitely an odor and if you're used to circumcised, they look ... different. But I was OK with both. It's not a bad look or bad smell, just more ... animalistic? That can be sexy right?" asks Amanda, 25.
- "Uglier to look at, easier to give fumbly morning handjobs to, so it's hard to say. However a pretty penis can triumph over all," says Dale, 21.
- "My first run in with an uncircumcised penis made me realize I never wanted to jerk off a circumcised one again," says Patricia, 35.
2. Behold! The mystery of the uncircumcised penis!
- "I've only experienced cut. Uncircumcised is intriguing; I like driving manual. But I've never had the opportunity. Guess I'll keep on plugging until I find one?" says Jen, 36.
- "Never been intimate with one, but have heard from MANY friends that dudes with their foreskin still in tact are better in bed, because they feel EVERYTHING 10 times as much! I don't know if there's any scientific basis in that though. It might be only three times as much," says Bets, 30.
3. Whatever. Uncircumcised penises are fine.
- "My first husband was uncut. He was also my first sexual partner so for the first seven years of my sexual history it was the only thing I knew. I really don't have a preference either way, but having been with a number of guys who wish they had never been circumcised as babies, I think if I ever had a son I would leave him uncut," says Colleen, 30.
- "First time I saw one, it was weird — why is it wearing a turtleneck? It takes some getting used to — different texture, smell, etc. Now I'm more or less indifferent. I wanted to get over it, since I don't want to be judged on the natural state of my vagina," says Becky, 29.
4. Uncircumcised penises are better at sex.
- "I've done a fair amount of research (FOR SCIENCE!) with about equal ratio of cut to uncut men. My results conclude that uncut men are better in the sack," says Sarah, 36.
So, uncut men of the world, do you agree that you're better lovers? And as for those of you who are circumcised, are you one of the many who want your foreskin back? If so, there's a Facebook page for that, but then again, there's a Facebook page for everything.