Welcome to 30 Days Of Love, our one-month initiative to bring you closer to the love you deserve just in time for Valentine's Day. Today, we're shining the spotlight on role playing — and its role in a fulfilling relationship.
Being in a healthy longterm relationship is wonderful, but it's easy to get stuck in a routine in the bedroom sometimes. Don't worry — there are all sorts of options for you to explore! You can explore new fetishes, fantasies try out different positions and figure out what you're both interested in without going too far outside your comfort zone. And if you're in need of ideas, we have plenty of roles you can play with your partner to spice it all up.
1. The repairman. You've got a leak to fix and your partner's the only one who's got the right wrench. (Okay, okay, I can hear the eye rolls — but this one is surprisingly fun and simple for beginners!)
2. Professor/student. For anybody who had a little teacher fetish in their early twenties, this role playing situation is more fun than cliche.
3. Stripper. Pick your favorite sexy song, slide on some lacy lingerie, then sway your hips and let yourself give the perfect lap dance.
4. Porn star. Pick a porn you both like and reenact it together.
5. On-camera porn stars. Kick the previous idea up a notch and actually film yourselves having sex. Not only will it turn you both on, it will ensure you two will be at the top of your game.
6. Cheerleader/football player. If you're already trying out the porn star thing, you might as well try a role playing situation familiar to it!
7. Strangers at a bar. Arrive separately to the same bar, flirt a little bit with other people, then eventually go and talk to one another like you're strangers. This will get the feelings flowing as you start to remember exactly what drew you to each other in the first place.
8. Dominant/submissive. Do a bit of playful spanking and some light hair-pulling to determine if you want to go further.
9. Then switch! One of the best things about having sex with somebody you love is that you two can explore your options together. Of course, if one isn't comfortable with a specific role, then certainly don't push yourselves into it, but if you are feeling flexible, changing it up could be fun.
10. Role-reversal. Is your partner usually on top? Then this time, you take over the upper role and dictate the conversation your bodies are having.
11. Your favorite movie. Regardless of what it is, if you two have a sex scene or film you find particularly entrancing, act it out with one another and see how it feels.
12. Crooner. If one of you is particularly good at singing, you could try doing a little private performance featuring a seductive song. For example, nobody could resist the charms of Portishead's "Glory Box" no matter how hard they try.
13. Fireman. It is a well-known fact that everyone who has ever worked for every fire department ever has been unreasonably hot.
14. The control freak. Have one of you lie down and the other do whatever he or she wants — kissing, licking, even light tickling — until the person lying on the bed is begging for more.
15. Client/call girl. Let your partner list exactly what he or she wants as you act like like a call girl who's there to cater to their every need.
16. Hollywood starlet. You play the sexy star and your partner can be your secret admirer. Do your hair, do your makeup, put yourself in a fancy gown and let your inner diva nature go wild.
17. Chef and server. Don’t just make any dishes — only make foods you can feed to your partner by hand.
18. Masseuse. Snag some sexy massage oil, light a few candles and give one another massages until you're both feeling smooth, silky and ready to be touched further.
19. Voyeur. Watch your partner masturbate for an extended period of time to increase tension and enjoy the view.
20. Exhibitionists. Speaking of enjoying the view, if you two are into the idea of being watched, imagine you have a little audience made up of people you both find hot. Keep reading ...
More juicy stories from YourTango: