Looking to shower everyone on your list with unique gifts they'll love? When you factor in mondo families, the holiday shopping adds up. Even if you keep it small, buying for your own brood—plus sisters, brothers, and all the kids that go with them—adds up in a hurry.
These unique gifts should ease things a bit. Whether you're looking to make a splash at home or looking for something that will suit the family down the street, these gift ideas are, well, fun for the whole family.
1. Roamio DVRs: End tears and heated family debates over who gets to watch or record their shows with TiVo's Roamio DVRs, super systems that let you record up to six shows at once. With up to 450 HD hours of storage, your fam will be able to fit everything from SpongeBob to Parks and Recreation, and you all can watch your shows anywhere, anytime. And we mean anywhere. With its livestream capability, you can watch on your iPad, iPhone, at home or on the go (Moms, read: roadtrip sanity saver). And when your pre-teen asks you to watch that episode of iCarly when Andre throws a party (oh yes...that one...), you'll be able to find it faster than you can say "Nickelodeon" with Roamio's one-remote, one-box access to NetFlix and Hulu. Now if it could only cook dinner, too... (Starting at $199 plus service, TiVo, for a list of specifications by model, click here.)
2. English Garden Bag Of Tools: In this fast age of hurried dinners, phones in faces, families don’t spend enough quality time together. This English Garden Bag of Tools has all the makings of some good family fun. Not only is it a handsome tote, but it contains tools crafted by garden experts Burgon & Ball and reusable plant markers. It’s fun to get your hands dirty together, and the bonding keeps on coming when the garden is in bloom ($36.99, restorationhardware.com).
3. Family chalkboard: Playing school, to-do lists, a family game of Win, Lose, or Draw. The uses for a family chalkboard are endless. The kids will love drawing on it, and this one, framed with reclaimed porch board, will look great in the kitchen ($75, etsy.com).
4. Ice Cream Maker: The whole family will scream for this gift. An ice cream maker is the gift that makes not just creamy goodness but memories galore ($89.95, williams-sonoma.com).
5. Hot Wheels Car Maker Playset: In an era when every other toy involves touchscreens and noises, it's refreshing to have a toy you work yourself, especially when it's something parents and kids can do together. The Hot Wheels Car Maker Playset is both new and nostalgic. Pops will love passing on a classic toy to the next generation, and everyone will dig the act of making--a lost art in this day and age ($39.99, amazon.com). Keep reading...
More from YourTango: